Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21094 Discussions

Cannot Install latest graphic driver for my UHD620

Eddevan
Novice

Hi all, I have a laptop Lenovo with an I5-7300U (WIN 10 22H2), with 16 GB RAM and a Ram Disk of 2 GB, the Ram disk used to store all Temporary files (from windows, Mozilla, and so on), which preserves my SSD.
Yesterday, I got a notification asking me to install the latest driver version (31.0.101.2128, I had the 31.0.101.2127 version)

So I went to the download page of the Intel site, I downloaded the exe, started the install with clean option on and I got the following message: Error code 1,see the attached jpg (actually, the message is in French because I am French-speaking from Belgium).

I have restarted the laptop, download again and reinstall again but no luck. I also tried to reinstall the older version (31.0.101.2127) but I got the same error.

Now, my graphic driver is the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", which has the effect that I no longer have sleep or hibernate mode available when I want to stop the computer.
I had experienced the problem 4 months ago, after a clean win10 install. Everything seemed fine except the missing sleep/hibernate mode and it turned out that the Windows fresh install only provided the MS basic display adapter and once I had installed the Intel driver, the 2 options were available again.

I join the SSU and the log file of the failed installation

If you have any idea how to install the latest driver, it would be great.

As I was programmer in another life, feel free to explain with technical words, if needed.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Eddevan,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Have you tried the steps from this article link below?

Additionally, have you tried performing a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* using the latest OEM driver?

We hope to get your reply soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Eddevan,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Have you tried the steps from this article link below?

Additionally, have you tried performing a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* using the latest OEM driver?

We hope to get your reply soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Eddevan
Novice

Hi JeanetteC, thanks for the solution.

I installed the Lenovo graphics driver, using the link you provided and now, everything is OK.

As for me, the problem is solved.

Best regards

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Eddevan,

I apologize I have overlooked your update. I'm glad to hear our recommendation helped fix the issue. We will now proceed in closing this thread.

Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Eddevan,

We have not heard from you yet. We're still waiting for your reply, so we would be able to provide our next steps.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
chirag1910
Beginner

If you're having trouble installing the latest graphics driver for your Intel UHD Graphics 620, here are some steps to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check System Requirements:

• Ensure your operating system is up to date.
  • Verify that the driver version you're trying to install is compatible with your version of Windows.

2. Download the Correct Driver:

• Visit the Intel Download Center.
  • Use the search function to find the latest driver for Intel UHD Graphics 620.
  • Ensure you download the correct driver for your operating system (Windows 10/11, 64-bit, etc.).

3. Uninstall Previous Drivers:

• Open Device Manager (press Win + X and select Device Manager).
  • Expand the "Display adapters" section.
  • Right-click on the Intel UHD Graphics 620 and select "Uninstall device."
  • Check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "Uninstall."
  • Restart your computer.

4. Install the New Driver:

• Locate the driver you downloaded from Intel.
  • Right-click on the installer and select "Run as administrator."
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart your computer after the installation is complete.

5. Use Intel Driver & Support Assistant:

• Download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
  • This tool will automatically detect your system configuration and suggest the appropriate driver updates.

6. Check for Windows Updates:

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
  • Click on "Check for updates" and install any pending updates.
  • Sometimes Windows Update includes important updates for drivers.

7. Compatibility Mode:

• If the driver installation fails, try running the installer in compatibility mode.
  • Right-click on the installer file, select "Properties," go to the "Compatibility" tab, and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select your OS version.

8. Troubleshoot Installation Issues:

• If you encounter specific error messages during the installation, look up the error code on the Intel or Microsoft support site for more detailed troubleshooting steps.

9. Rollback to Previous Driver:

• If the new driver installation continues to fail, consider rolling back to a previous version.
  • In Device Manager, right-click on Intel UHD Graphics 620, select "Properties," go to the "Driver" tab, and click "Roll Back Driver."

10. Contact Support:

• If none of the above steps work, contact Intel Support or your device manufacturer's support for further assistance.

If you encounter any specific error messages during these steps, please share them, and I can help you with more targeted troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@chirag1910    You are just another chatgpt spammer.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos