Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Cannot adjust brightness, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (Code 43)

NTan2
Beginner

Hi,

I cannot adjust the brightness on my Acer Swift SF314-53G and I found out that there is an error with my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620.

Please assist me in fixing the issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Do you have the acer driver installed, or did you install the Intel driver?

If you installed the Intel driver, uninstall it, and reinstall the acer driver.

Doc

0 Kudos
NTan2
Beginner

I'm not good at the IT stuff. Does Intel driver mean the intel graphics 620?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

For your laptop, you should be using ONLY the driver supplied by ACER, as it is likely customized/modified for your hardware/device.

Doc

0 Kudos
RSam0
Beginner

I have the same problem with the Code 43. I tried uninstalling then re-installing the Intel Graphics 620 driver but problem returns (Although not mentioned above, I presumed you meant to say re-install the driver as uninstalling the driver is not an option nor is it an acceptable solution.)

I have read many other posts from forums with the same problem and would presume Intel would have found a solution by now and problem would have been solved by downloading the latest driver but apparently not.

Do you have other suggestions to solve this problem? Also, does this problem only occur with Windows 10, 64 bit or does it also occur on Windows 8,1?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Is your device a laptop? If so, you should use only the driver supplied by the laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Make sure you are on the latest version of WIndows 10 (1809).

review this Microsoft article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022490/graphics-drivers.html

There are no drivers for anything less than Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
MMill45
Beginner

Did anyone find a permanent fix to this problem? I am using the driver provided by the manufacturer intel uhd 620.

0 Kudos