Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Cannot disable Intel Display Power Saving technology

redvelvetlrh
Beginner

I just got a new Dell Inspiron (11th gen i7 processor, Intel Iris Xe graphics) laptop and the screen brightness changes every time it's displaying something different. It would dim when I'm displaying something dark and brighten and then change to a warmer colour since I have night light on. I've ruled out adaptive lighting since this device doesn't support it, and I have checked that I have the most up to date graphics drivers and Windows. I've also done the changing the hex code in regedit like some guides have said, but nothing worked.

From some Googling I found that I should go to the Intel graphics command centre > power and turn it off, but that option is just not there for me (see attached photo). This constant brightness change is really annoying for me and significantly affecting my use of the laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello redvelvetlrh

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Which drivers did you try?
  • Which version of the Intel® GCC do you use?
  • Does this happen with the drivers provided by the manufacturer and the ones on the Intel website?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
redvelvetlrh
Beginner

Hello David, 

Thank you so much for your response. The issue seems to have gone away after installing a new BIOS driver and chipset as I was told by Dell, I’m not sure exactly which one did the trick but the brightness is able to stay constant now. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos