Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Cannot find Intel HD Graphics version

GBrat
Beginner

Hi guys I have been trying to increase my FPS in this game i want to play and the first thing i thought about is to check if my drivers are up to date. My current driver for my graphics card are from 2013 and i want to find out if there is ones from 2014 for my chipset but strangely enough when i open device manager, then the graphics tab, it doesn't say what version my Intel HD chipset is, like it should say Intel HD 2000 or 4000 or whatever so i know which drivers to look for.

http://imgur.com/ajnck83 http://imgur.com/ajnck83

here is a picture of what details i get about my Graphics card on my device manager. Basically the only clue i have i the current driver version but i still can't figure out how to find out if there is a new one. I have tried the Driver Auto Detect software on Intel website but it i remember it didn't work, it just said that it can't find drivers for some reason, but it definitely didn't say that i am up to date with my current drivers.

Can anyone help me to find if there is NEW drives for my HD grapics based on the driver version on the picture?

9 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello V0da12,I was not able to see the picture you send us, so would you please reply back to me with this data:

Could you please attach the DX Diag report for your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

I also recommend you to check if you are running the latest BIOS version available for your system.

Regards,

0 Kudos
AShin2
Beginner

I apologize in advance for waking up this thread, but I'm having a problem myself and I didn't feel like opening a new topic to ask the question that had been asked already.

My problem is that I cannot identify my Intel HD Graphics.

I have Acer Aspire E1-510 Laptop with Win 8.1, Intel Celeron Processor N2820, Intel HD Graphics.

I've tried to determine which graphics it is, but properties say "Intel HD Graphics", no number, nothing.

I tried using GPU-Z and the result is in the attachment.

I shall attach all the things, so maybe someone can help me determine which graphics it is.

I've attached DxDiag, GPU-Z log, GPU-Z image and intel HD image from GPU.

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

N-series of Intel CPUs are supported by vendors of end-systems, Intel do not support them directly.

0 Kudos
AShin2
Beginner

I know which version of CPU (processor) I have. I can't determine which GPU (graphics) I have. All it says is "Intel HD Graphics" and there's no number. I had been suspecting that I could have Intel HD Graphics 4600, but then again, what do I know anyway? *shrugs*

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

It is stated that Bay Trail platform have a Gen7 graphics solution with 4 EUs. So it is like ones in Haswell platform, but do not have an exact analog from desktop/mobile line, cause there are minimum of 6 EU even in starter part HD Graphics 2500.

0 Kudos
Acclipse
Beginner

Same lemme post it below

0 Kudos
ablac3
Beginner

the best way is to go to this link http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/siu.html Intel® System Identification Utility and it will identify it click graphics information and it will display what number you got and i got intel HD graphics 4600

Acclipse
Beginner

Same as this user, I don't want to create another thread and sorry in advance for walking up the thread.

I cannot Identify my Intel HD Graphics number as well.

I had recently changed my processor to Intel Core-i5 3470 and whenever I download a graphics driver from the web it always says Intel HD Graphics instead of Intel HD Graphics 2500.

I checked the contents in this webpage and it says Intel HD Graphics 2500.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/68316/intel-core-i53470-processor-6m-cache-up-t... 

Details about the CPU and GPU if it helps

Acclipse_3-1653663234527.png

Acclipse_4-1653663234530.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are responding to a conversation that is from 2015/2016. If you have a real issue (and hint: having the wrong title is NOT a real issue), open a new conversation using the Post a Question button in the root of the appropriate forum.

...S

0 Kudos