Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Cannot install Arc control

Koubik
Novice

Hello,

I install new A770 LE today, did DDU in safe mode (Previously nvidia), tried to install drivers and Arc control with gfx_win_101.4369.exe

Drivers install fine but Arc control fails. Tried to do the reinstall with "clean install" still fails. Also try to right click and run as admin.

Not sure where to look for the logs of the installer.

Any ideas what I can do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Koubik
Novice

Hello

I expected it will be probably something in the system itself. Thank you very much for the checking.

For now I ran the installer and when it complained about the installation, I renamed the folder of installation, closed installer, which was not  able to uninstall arccontrol and renamed it back. It looks like it is working fine, but I expect installation fails for the reason, so something will probably fail.

Thank all again for all the help.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Koubik

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when trying to install Intel® Arc™ App on your system.

I see that you already used DDU to uninstall the previous NVIDIA driver, Did you try installing the Intel driver in safe mode as well? Also, please make sure you are running the installer as Administrator and let u know if there is any error message when the app does not get installed.

In order to ensure full compatibility we would also recommend updating your BIOS to the latest version from your motherboard manufacturer website. Once the BIOS has been updated, reset the BIOS settings to defaults.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Koubik
Novice

Hello Hugo 🙂

thanks for reply.

Yes I tried to install drivers including arc control in safe mode, both whql and beta version to no avail.

there is no error message popup. There might be something in the log, but not sure where to look for it. Installer just tells me it was not installed.

I tried to update bios to latest version, reset to defaults, reenable rebar, and install (clean) in both safe mode and not safe mode and still nothing.

And yes, always "Run as Administrator" 😉

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Koubik

The log files should be at C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Intel\IGN\logs look for the log files and if they are available attach them to your response.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Koubik
Novice

Hello Hugo,

I checked mentioned location and there is no Intel folder in Local. There is in LocalLow, but that is just shader cache. I tried to reinstal drivers again just in case it will get cleaned after reboot, but still nothing.

0 Kudos
Gdgfare
Novice

Hello Koubik,

I feel so excited to tell you that I have solved this problem,,, thanks to Dog Huang.

REASON: the setup program of IntelArcController failed to install ArcControl.Msi because your Windows OS cannot recognize the cmd order 'msiexec'. (if you open cmd with administrator rights and write 'cd\',ENTER,'msiexec /package C:\ArcControl.msi',ENTER, then you may see the message 'Error during installation :'msiexec.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command')

SOLUTION: add 'C:\Windows\System32' into the environment variable called 'PATH' in system variables of your Windows OS.(if you try cmd again, you may see the message 'cannot find the position', after that you may be able to install ArcController successfully) 

I'm not a native speaker of English, but I hope my reply can help those poor gamers just like us.

Do share your success with me!

0 Kudos
Gdgfare
Novice

Hello Koubik,

I'm an A770 Flux Blue 8G user who met the same install failure of Intel Arc Controller too. It is a common problem but Intel engineers can do nothing for this. So....  may you try these steps:

1.Open C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\****\Resources\Extras to double click IntelArcControl.exe

2.Install IntelArcController and (may)  meet an error message saying 'There is a problem..........'

3.Click the button and (may) meet the 'Setup Failed' message

4.Click the blue words 'log file' and find a way to know its position (maybe path: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\)

5.Read this 'log file' carefully, so that you can find what's wrong in setup. 

For example: (my own error message)

[0B1C:2030][2023-06-18T14:29:37]i201: Planned package: ArcControlMsi, state: Absent, default requested: Present, ba requested: Present, execute: Install, rollback: Uninstall, cache: Yes, uncache: No, dependency: Register

As you can see, I lost my 'ArcControl.Msi' so I failed to install IntelArcController....

6.Open C:\ProgramData\Intel\GFXInstaller\ to double click IntelArcControl_Installer.log and other log files

For example: (my own error log file IntelArcControl_Installer.log)

[2F38:350C][2023-06-18T13:54:42]i101: Detected package: ArcControlMsi, state: Absent, cached: None

AND (my own error log file IntelArcControl_Installer_000_ArcControlMsi.log)

MSI (s) (D0:54) [13:54:44:838]: SOFTWARE RESTRICTION POLICY: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{EE240F2B-2880-498C-98B9-69A2F5674B58}v1.68.4938.6\IntelArcControl.msi is permitted to run at the 'unrestricted' authorization level.

7.Collect these information screenshots or related files and browse them here.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Koubik

Thank you for letting us know, I understand the log files are not getting created. In this case, please try using our latest driver 31.0.101.4499 which bundles with a newer version of Arc Control as well. Also, were you able to check and test the recommendations provided by @Gdgfare? Let us know if they helped in any way.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Koubik
Novice

Hello Hugo, Hello Gdgfare 🙂
Thanks for proposed solution, but that did not work for me.

Firs I had to add SysWOW64 to path to get msiexec working, but to no avail, installation is still failing.

I was able to find installation files which were extracted (I used 4499 beta for that and no log file in the specified location). I copied the files to different location because they were getting deleted (kudos for cleaning up after yourself intel!). This is also reason why I was not able to find unpacked installation packages. It took me a "while" to realize installer cleans after itself.

I ran specifically IntelArcControl.exe and tried to install the software. Interresting thing happens. It tells me that "There is a problem with this windows installer package. But before I click ok, I checked c:\Program Files\Intel\ and arc control was there. I am able to run it using ArcControl.exe in that location and it looks like it is ruunning fine. BUT when I click ok in the installer it just uninstalls Arc Control ...
I am attaching log files. I didnt find anything interresting, but I am not sure what to look for. I can probably just force kill installer and Arc Control will stay, but that is not a sollution. That would be at best workaround.

I fully expect it is something really trivial on my system, but not sure where to look.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Koubik

Thank you for letting us know. Allow us to further check this issue and the log files as well to see if we can find any issues. We will post back once we have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Koubik

Upon checking the information the issue seems inherent to the Operating System itself which we will be unable to troubleshoot the best next step will be to directly check this problem with Microsoft or you can also try a clean Operating System reinstallation.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Koubik
Novice

Hello

I expected it will be probably something in the system itself. Thank you very much for the checking.

For now I ran the installer and when it complained about the installation, I renamed the folder of installation, closed installer, which was not  able to uninstall arccontrol and renamed it back. It looks like it is working fine, but I expect installation fails for the reason, so something will probably fail.

Thank all again for all the help.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Koubik

Thank you for your understanding as well as for sharing that workaround with us which can be helpful to other community members as well.

We will now proceed to close this thread since it is marked as resolved. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos