Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Cant get 3440*1440 out of my laptop with vga Intel HD Graphic 4000 ,What can i do?

amoht
Beginner

Hi ,

I just get a new monitor (pg348q) and its ultra wide and cant get over 1920*1080 out of my laptop with HDMI .

I did update my driver to latest .

I did use what anything i find in This link below but nothing works.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005529/graphics-drivers.html

Can someone tell me what exactly i have to do to have connect this monitor with 3440*1440 resolution with my laptop and its HDMI

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The actual output from the Intel HD Graphics engine in your processor is three DisplayPort (DP) 1.2 streams. It sounds like one of these is used to support your laptop's embedded monitor and one is made available externally (this is the typical configuration in most laptops). Now, these DP streams are each capable of supporting a 4K (3840x2160) monitor at 60Hz. If the laptop is offering a HDMI connector, then it includes a LSPcon chip, which converts the output stream from the DP protocol to the HDMI protocol. What resolutions are supported by this LSPcon chip is dependent upon the version of the chip included, as well as the firmware that is loaded into it. Since you have not listed what particular laptop you have, I cannot tell what LSPcon chip is included. As well, since I do not know what version of the firmware is loaded, I cannot tell you what its capabilities are either. What you need to do is contact the support folks for the manufacturer of your laptop and ask them for this information.

Hope this helps,

...S

amoht
Beginner

Hey man , Thanks for your help .You gave me a new direction .i Did contact both side my laptop company and intel, either of them didnt answer my mail.

my laptop model is : acer aspire e1-572g , I dont know exactly what you need to know about what part of my laptop so i gave you whole model of my laptop sorry abut that.

i did something with my intel software ones , i put custom resolution and save it,when i get there to choose the resolution i made the software give me an error .

Do you mean i have to open my laptop for find that port or i need a converter from hdmi to DP?

Thanks #n.scott.pearson You are the best man If you help me make this possible you save lot of my time.i have to close open close lot of tab .

thanks for your time

Aryan

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Before anything, edit your response and remove your email address. Including it here just sets you up for lots of SPAM. We can respond to you without knowing your email.

Converting back to DP will not help you; the HDMI limitations will be carried forward in the resulting stream. As for your laptop model, I really cannot glean any additional information based upon it. You need to find out if there is a firmware upgrade available for your laptop's LSPcon chip and only your laptop manufacturer is going to be able to tell you.

...S

amoht
Beginner
0 Kudos