Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Cant make a custom resolution

Sasoni
Novice
When i try to make a custom resolution (900x700) it says "an error occurred" but in Finnish because im Finnish. Is there a fix?

----

What is the model of the motherboard?

HP 835F (U3E1)

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

HP 14-bp081no

What is the model of the monitor?

AOPEN 24MX1 24"

Is this a new computer?

No 2 years old

Was it working fine before?

Yes it was

When did the issue start?

Like 3months ago or closer

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

No i have not

Which Windows* version are you using?

Windows 10 20H2

---

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sasoni
Novice

It didnt work in graphics command center but it worked in intel graphics panel control panel

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Sasoni,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following reports.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Note: You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Note: With the graphics report you don’t have to send reports from both tools just the one you currently having the issue with.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sasoni
Novice

There is the SSU report and the directX report. I couldn't make the graphics command center report because it says "virheraporttia ei voitu lähettää" which mean "Error report could not bet sent" for some reason that I dont know. @Victor_G_Intel 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Sasoni,

Before jumping into the custom resolution part we have realized that your graphics driver is outdated; therefore, please update it before proceeding, the instructions can be found here and the latest driver here.

If you are currently running the latest version of our Intel® Graphics Command Center please follow the instructions down below to add the custom resolution.

Note: In case you don't have the latest version please proceed with removing the old one and reinstalling the new one.

To uninstall the tool please follow teh steps below:

• Click Start and open the Settings app.
  • Go to Apps & Features and locate Intel Graphics Control Panel or the Intel Graphics Command Center.
  • Click on it and click Uninstall.

Steps to add a custom resolution.

1. From the Windows Start Menu, search for the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Double click the Intel® Graphics Command Center icon.
  2. Click the Display tab. In the Display General Settings, click the Custom button located next to the Resolution setting.
  3. A new window will appear with Basic Custom Resolution settings. If desired, click Advanced Settings for more options.
  4. Enter the custom resolution or mode values based on your requirements. Click Yes to accept the changes.
  5. In the Resolution dropdown menu, scroll down and find the custom resolution along with an ‘X’ mark at the right side.

Note: If you don't have a Custom button, your system manufacturer (OEM) has disabled the Custom Resolution page for your system.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Sasoni
Novice

Thank you now i can make a custom resolution! 🙂

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Sasoni,

We are glad to know that you were able to solve the issue. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information in the future, you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Note: Feel free to mark the post that allowed you to solve your problem.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos