Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Celeron Processor with Intel HD Graphics - Overscan problem

WShek
Beginner

I just bought a mini pc which has a Celeron N2930 processor with Intel HD Graphics. When I connect it to my HDTV with the HDMI cable, I am seeing the overscan issue - Windows desktop is too big and the 4 edges get cut off by the TV screen. I have seen lots of reports on this issue but I just could not find any solution.

Here are some more details about my setup:

Mini PC:

ZOTAC ZBOX CI320 nano Plus Windows 8.1 (64-bits)

Graphics driver (the latest I could fine from the Intel Web site):

Version: 15.33.36.64.4226 (Latest) Date: 06/05/2015

On the Display Settings of the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, there is only one option for Scaling which is "Maintain Display Scaling". For Resolution, there is no option to set custom resolution. In fact there is not much I can change on the Control Panel for all the other parameters.

I have also tried changing the settings on the TV like aspect ratio, but no luck

Any other suggestions.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please try testing the latest graphics driver. See post # 50

Allan.

0 Kudos
WShek
Beginner

The driver mentioned in that post does not support Celeron N2930.

As I said in my original post, I am also using the latest driver for my processor according the Intel download center

0 Kudos
JMill41
Novice

Just had/fixed same problem. Simply set your TV to "scan only" in the video settings. Works like magic.

0 Kudos
WShek
Beginner

don't think my tv has that setting

0 Kudos
RBell2
Novice

Hi to all

I've been up and down all the threads with little help... My conclusion is that the new Intel HD Graphics Control Panel is not up to scratch.. It looks nice and simplistic, but unfortunately it's too simplistic.

I'll list my problem... After buying a Acer E5 - 411 (Celeron N3540; Windows 7 x64) laptop with a VGA port that doesn't work, I could only really connect it to my LED Tv via HDMI. Now as far as I've come to realize, is that Scaling on HDMI is not possible as it's controlled via the resolution... Well with overscan issues on the resolution side (many people have the same issue with no results) it either is too big (1920x1080p) or too small (1600x900p).. and in the new control panel it isn't possible to scale in percentages and now its also gone and removed Custommodeapp.exe.

The TV i'm connecting through does not have any scaling tools built into it.. But i'm pretty sure that it can't be that difficult to reincorporate these functions into the new software..

I've seen that people have been blogging about this problem since 2014 Q2, so where's the solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Scaling option is not available in the new Intel® HD graphics control panel, it is necessary to change the resolution manually in the TV.

The latest graphics driver for Intel® Pentium® Processor N3540(2M Cache, up to 2.66 GHz) is

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81504 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics for Intel® Pentium® Processors

And Intel® Celeron® Processor N2930 is

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81505 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics for Intel® Celeron® Processors

Please verify if you are already using the latest BIOS version and chipset driver.

Regards,

Mike
0 Kudos