Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Changing a Mobile Intel 915GM,GMS/910GML Epress family chipset to a Mobile Intel 945 Express Family Cipset

idata
Employee

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron B130 w/ a Mobile Intel 915GM,GMS/910GML Express Family Chipset, and I want to change or convert it to a Moblie Intel 945/955 Express family chipset. I'm runng windows Vista Home Premium 32bit....the processor is a Intel Celeron M 1.6Ghz, 2GB of mem, 120GB HD. Is there a way to accomplish this task, and where could I possibly get the parts from to do this. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Andrew,. How are you?

I'm afraid that the only way to accomplish this is to change your hardware. This means replacing your videocard and the driver. You can not appoint any driver to any card. That would be like putting water into a petrol lamp, it doesn't burn, does it? I also have problems with this card. Read my thread. See Ya...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is no way to change your chipset as it is soldered and integrated in to your main board. You may ask the system manufacturer if they have a compatible video card.

PV.

0 Kudos