Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Changing ratio for UHD Graphics 620 in Acer notebook

Charlie_1xx8
Beginner

How can I change the display ratio in Intel Control Room to use a 3440x1440 monitor. This has a 21:9 ratio. I can fit the resolution on left side of the control room. But it's not accepted because of failed parameters. SW says, this monitor has a 16:9 ratio. Cannot correct this. Only 3840x2160 in 16:9 mode is available. But monitor has no special driver. Connection via HDMI. What can I do to get it in 3440x1440?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Charlie_1xx8

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We need more information from your system to provide a possible solution:

• What is the exact model of your system?
  • What is the model of the monitor?
  • Which graphics driver do you have installed?
  • Which operating system and version do you use?
  • Are you using a straight HDMI connection? (No adapters/converters)
  • Do you use the Intel® Graphics Control Panel or the Intel® Graphics Command Center?
  • If possible, please attach screenshots.

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Charlie_1xx8
Beginner

Hi David,

thank you for your reply.

As attachment you find my system.

Notebook Acer Nitro 5 Spin NP515-51 with Intel UHD Graphics 620 and nVidia Geforce GTX1050

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Monitor IIyama Red Eagle G-Master GB3466WQSU with Resolution 3440x1440

Connected by HDMI cable, delivered with monitor, no further adapters/converters.

I use Intel Graphik Command Center (german: Graphik-Kontrollraum); Intel Control panel is uninstalled already.

Available drivers have been 4:3 and 16:9 only. IIyama Service is not able to give a helpful support.

But now I found a solution with software CRU:

I`ve created new settings by this tool. Now 3440x1440 is on ( but with 30 Hz only).

Monitor can use up to 144 Hz. As next step I will buy a high-end HDMI cable and a DisplayPort-USB-C adapter to check these connections for higher refresh rate..

Best regards,

Charlie_1xx8

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Charlie_1xx8

We didn't receive the information requested yet, please check your email and reply with the reports needed to continue.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Charlie_1xx8
Beginner

Hi David,

thank you for your reply.

As attachment you find my system.

Notebook Acer Nitro 5 Spin NP515-51 with Intel UHD Graphics 620 and nVidia Geforce GTX1050

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Monitor IIyama Red Eagle G-Master GB3466WQSU with Resolution 3440x1440

Connected by HDMI cable, delivered with monitor, no further adapters/converters.

I use Intel Graphik Command Center (german: Graphik-Kontrollraum); Intel Control panel is uninstalled already.

Available drivers have been 4:3 and 16:9 only. IIyama Service is not able to give a helpful support.

But now I found a solution with software CRU:

I`ve created new settings by this tool. Now 3440x1440 is on ( but with 30 Hz only).

I've organized adapter cable Mini USB-C/Display port. Now it runs with 60 Hz. But this is O.K. for Office work (Monitor would work up to 144 Hz)- Now the problem is solved.

Thanks for your support

Best regards,

Charlie_1xx8

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Charlie_1xx8

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos