Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Color Saturation Keeps resetting

GSlaz
Beginner

I have Dell XPS 9570

Intel UHD 630

After installing Bios 1.6.0, in the Intel Graphics Control Panel, instead of "Color Accuracy - enable/disable" I now have "Hue and Saturation" options

The default saturation = 0, is way too much, reds are so strong they hurt my eyes.

I change it to -15, which looks more reasonable, however, -every time- after restart, or using "Windows Night Light" the saturation keeps resetting to 0. So I have to set it again manually, this is extremely annoying.

Trying to install latest Intel Drivers, from here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629.html it suggested to install "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)"

which I did.

After installing, the website displayed there's 1 update available to Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Latest version: x.x.x.6444 Installed Version: x.x.x.6287

(25.20.100.6444) and (25.20.100.6287) 

After clicking download/install, I got error message box:

---------------------------

Error

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will exit.

Would you like more information?

Click Yes to be directed to the Intel support website.

Yes  No  

I have Dell XPS 9570

Intel Core i7-8750H

Intel® UHD Graphics 630

When I open Dell Support Assist application, it shows there are -no- driver updates avaialable.

0 Kudos
38 Replies
GSlaz
Beginner

Dell is refusing to help unless I give them remote access to my laptop, which I can't do at the moment.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. If you are still having issues we recommend the following however, we cannot confirm it will work with your system since we do not support Dell computers. Update to the latest BIOS version. -You currently have version 1.6.0 , 02-11-2018 installed and Dell is showing a new version 1.8.1 2/27/2019 available. You need to contact Dell to confirm if this is recommended to to provide any instructions since there is some risk in updating the BIOS. -Windows Updates should be up to date for the current version installed (Build 17134, 1803, Redstone 4). -Uninstall both the Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers. (Instructions shared on posts above) Install the Intel UHD Graphics 630 P630 Driver (link below): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27199/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-47-?product=126790 Install the nVIDIA Graphics Driver (link below): https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers -Also please check with the monitor manufacturer for any firmware or driver updates. Support for XPS 15 9570 > Drivers & downloads https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/2yqlpq2/drivers I hope the above recommendation helps. Regards, Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex M, Thank you for contacting our Intel (r) Support. In this case the driver that you need to install depends on the system that you own and the graphic controller in it. We have posted different driver versions on this forum for different purposes, are you looking for an particular/specific driver? Please let me know so I can look for the exact version that you are searching for. Regards, Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex M, We just wanted to double check if you need further assistance? I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
fr0zensphere
Beginner

Why would I do that?? I swear, you post some of the most useless answers. What does contacting my laptop's manufacturer have to do with the last few comments? Nothing.

I just wanted to get a link for the driver version mentioned above by Glasz. Since it's Intel's driver you should be able to provide a source to download it.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex M, Thank you for you response. In this case as previously shared, we have posted different driver versions on this forum for different purposes, are you looking for an particular/specific driver? I will wait for your response in order to guide you. Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex M, We just wanted to double check if you still need help finding the drivers that you are looking for? Please do not hesitate on contacting us back. Best Regards, Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex M, We just wanted to double check if you still need help? Best Regards, Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance finding the proper drivers. We are closing your case as we have not heard anything back from you however it will remain open. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
fr0zensphere
Beginner

Yes, I was asking about a link to this driver:

(As GSlaz posted about.)

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex Thank you for your response In this case this version of drivers belong to Dell* as part of their OEM driver package. Here is the direct download: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=j5pt2 Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities with hybrids systems such as the one that you own, we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer in order to use / troubleshoot the driver software provided by them. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex We just wanted to double check if the links were useful. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alex, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

I left this thread waiting to try a new driver.

Today I've installed the latest available driver from Intel website

Driver Date : 11-Apr-19

Driver Version : 26.20.100.6709

When I right click on desktop, I have NO Intel graphics controls settings.

When I install and try to run Intel Graphics Control Panel from Windows Store I get the same old error:

"Intel Graphics Driver is not available. Check the driver status and then launch the application."

Excuse me but nothing is working, same now and same before.

Is anyone at Intel trying to fix the problem or is it going to get ignored forever?

The only thing that's working is the new MS Store app "Intel Graphics Command Center" (which looks cool BTW), BUT it doesn't have any option to change Color Saturation, it has only Brightness and Contrast in the "Display Tab \ Color" section.

So.. months after fighting with this problem, still everything broken, even more because now I can't change saturation anymore.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. If you are still having issues we recommend the following however, we cannot confirm it will work with your system since we do not support Dell computers as (shared before) -Windows Updates should be up to date for the current version installed (Build 17134, 1803, Redstone 4) in order to uodate to the latest drivers (OEM or Intel) Your computer is running under hybrid graphics, mainly controlled by the Nvidia Graphic portion, which somehow is not allowing you to interact with your control panel and options unless you rollback the driver as you reported. Since all Computer manufacturer's drivers are customized and our generic drivers are only going to work for general purposes, contacting the manufacturer again and asking for a higher level of support or a manger is the best step to take. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance besides the resolution previously given, Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance besides the resolution previously given, Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance? We are closing your case as we have not heard anything back from you, however you can contact us back if needed. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos