Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Computer not using updated driver

jasenso
Beginner

I currently have a Microsoft surface pro 8 with an i7 processor running Windows 11. I have had issues with my graphics driver for the past few months. 

When I open up certain games I get an alert that says I have version 

27.20.100.6924 and need to update to a newer version. 

I have updated my driver to the latest version at least a dozen times now, (and every time I  executed a clean install), but after a few days, my computer seems to revert back to version 27.20.100.6924. I believe this is the version that came with my computer out of the box. 

Today I followed the “update your drivers” tab under this game troubleshooting guide https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005746/graphics.html and uninstalled my intel driver then restarted my computer. 

When my computer turned back on it seemed to have the latest intel driver version. Intel ARC Control said I was running the latest version and I had no alerts while opening any games. However, after a few minutes, my computer automatically downloaded driver version 27.20.100.6924 and seemed to install it.

I think this may have happened every time I updated my graphics driver. My computer would update normally and revert back to an older version within a few days.

Is there a way to ensure that my computer uses the latest graphics driver version?

Or Is there a way to stop my computer from automatically downloading and installing an older version of my graphics driver?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello jasenso,

If I jump into the conversation, I would like to thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your diver rolling back.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, I would like to confirm the exact model of your processor.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello jasenso,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello jasenso,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos