Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Connecting 2 Monitors

saintjamerican
Beginner
Trying to connect second
“HP Compaq LA1905wg Monitor” to this system,
“Windows 10 Professional,
OS Build: 10.0.19042.572,
Graphic card: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset,
System type: OSType64BitX64, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz”.
The machine is
“HP 8000 Elite SFF Desktop Computer”.
The first monitor is attached by VGA in the back of the machine. For the second monitor, it’s connected by a DisplayPort to VGA adapter, but it gets no signal. What else can I do? I’ve attached pictures of the adapter and cable and ports in the back of my machine.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no Intel driver for Windows 10 for the q45/q43 graphics chipset.  All you have is the Microsoft generic driver, which LACKS features and performance.

Time for you to upgrade to a new(er) system.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
saintjamerican
Beginner
What do you mean by newer system? New graphics card? Or new machine?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

New or newer machine that is supported by windows 10.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello saintjamerican,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos