Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBern17
Beginner

Constant red tint on screen (yes, night light is off..)

Jump to solution

My screen display keeps tinting itself red, as if it were in night mode, despite the night light being off. I can fix it temporarily by going into "calibrate display color," but almost as soon as I exit this screen, the colors revert back to a red tint. I have deduced that this problem is directly related to my Intel graphics driver because disabling my Intel driver will also correct the red tint, but then everything else on my screen looks out of whack. I've attempted to uninstall/reinstall the driver but it doesn't seem to let me actually uninstall it (it is still installed when i restart my computer)....

any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel

DBern17, I just wanted to let you know that there is an update on this matter.

The description you provided sounds like a known issue that is caused by a recent Operating System update in combination with Lenovo's proprietary software.

Please visit the following link to verify further details about this topic:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/370622/latest-windows-10-update-turns-everything-orange

Note: The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

DBern17, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Regards,

Alberto R.

DBern17
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

model of the motherboard? Lenovo BaseBoard Product LNVNB161216

model of the processor? Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

what is the model of laptop? DESKTOP-8FOACNT Lenovo 80X7

Is this a new computer? its about a year and a half old

Was it working fine before? For the first 6-12 months it was fine

any recent hardware/software changes? Nothing really, standard updates

When did the issue start? maybe 6 months +/- ago now

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Here's my whole system info in case i entered something wrong...

Capture.JPG

appreciate the help!

Alberto_R_Intel

DBern17, Thank you very much for providing those details.

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked on Lenovo's web site and the latest Intel® Graphics driver that they have available for your laptop is version 22.20.16.4749, please test that driver and let us know the results:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-720-15ikb/80x7/dow...

If the problem persists, since the laptop has the Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor installed and the Graphics controller of it is Intel® HD Graphics 630, we can also test the Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 26.20.100.7212:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29074/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

Regards,

Alberto R.

Alberto_R_Intel

DBern17, I just wanted to let you know that there is an update on this matter.

The description you provided sounds like a known issue that is caused by a recent Operating System update in combination with Lenovo's proprietary software.

Please visit the following link to verify further details about this topic:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/370622/latest-windows-10-update-turns-everything-orange

Note: The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there

Regards,

Alberto R.

View solution in original post

DBern17
Beginner

This was exactly the issue! Apparently Eye Care was disabled by default, but disabling it fixed the red screen. It's been at least a week since I made this change and the red screen hasn't returned!

Thank​ Alberto, you are a saint🙏