Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Critical Intel HD Issue

Hazzard505
Beginner
I'm having a problem after updating my Intel HD 520 to the latest version, before the update I was able to manage the amount of memory dedicated to the video card through the system registry, after the update I can't anymore, and besides the memory dedicated is fixed at 6gb (half the system memory). before the update I was able to play GTA V without any problem and it always used approximately 8gb+ of ram, after the update gta only uses 6gb because the other 6gb is saved to the video memory, this is causing me several crashes in the game

System Used: Samsumg All-In-One E3
CPU SKU: i3 6100u
GPU SKU: Intel HD 520
Processor Line: U-Series
System BIOS Version: N/A
CMOS settings: N/A
Graphics Driver Version: Latest
GOP/VBIOS Version: N/A
Operating System: Windows 10
OS Version: Latest
API: N/A
Occurs on non-Intel GPUs?: No

Steps to Reproduce:
-------------------------------
1. Update Intel HD Graphics to the latest version
2. Open GTA V

Expected Results:
GTA V using more than 6gb of ram (i have 12gb)

Actual Results:
GTA V is using just 6gb of ram due to half system memory dedicated for Intel HD, causing a lot of stutters

Additional Information:
we should be able to manage the amount of memory dedicated to the graphic card
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Hazzard505,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Short video of the issue. 
  2. Does it happen on other games?
  3. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Hazzard505,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Hazzard505,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos