Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20756 Discussions

Custom Resolution not working

TGeor2
Beginner

I wanted to try the custom resolution feature, but when I open the HDGraphics Control Panel it's not there (see the attached screenshot). The CustomModeApp that's in C:\Windows\System32 doesn't work either.

I have the latest drivers (verified with Intel Driver Update Utility). Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

First rule of thumb post system and driver details.

0 Kudos
TGeor2
Beginner

System information and driver details below.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

In this driver verson there is no Custom resolution feature in control panel. CustomModeApp.exe from the drivers folder is supposed to work. I see you are using a Bay Trail device, it wouldn't surprise me that the CustomModeApp.exe doesn't work as you said.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi TsGeorgiev,

Custom resolutions are not supported in the CUI on BYT.

Further, BYT only supports custom resolutions when connected to VGA display. If you have a display connected via VGA, try the DTCM by right clicking the desktop then 'Graphics Options'. Do you see a 'Custom Resolutions' option at the bottom of your pop out menu like in this image?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
EUmen
Beginner

I have the same issue on a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1 Professional. It works fine on my Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10, but the 8.1 device does not have it.

The option just doesn't exist anywhere.

It is one thing to note, the 8.1 machine is a work device and has a few virus scanners on it.

0 Kudos