Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

DCH driver change my monitor 's bit depth from 8 to 6

NinjaUmbra
Beginner

DCH driver change my monitor 's bit depth from 8 to 6 however traditional OEM driver can bring 6 to 8 bit depth. It also have a problem that the latest dch driver control center tells me dhcp is wrong but my graphic has enable dhcp function and this error only occur in recent dch driver version!

why dch driver reduce bit depth?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Since you have a laptop, use BOTH the intel and nvidia graphic drivers as supplied by the laptop manufacturer.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
NinjaUmbra
Beginner

This is OEM Driver Performance

0 Kudos
NinjaUmbra
Beginner

This is intel dch driver performance, also after this driver the fonts become a little blurred and the screen become more delightful

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Since you have a laptop, use BOTH the intel and nvidia graphic drivers as supplied by the laptop manufacturer.

0 Kudos
NinjaUmbra
Beginner

Ok but i think this may be bug because many people meet this problem after install dch driver.

0 Kudos
NinjaUmbra
Beginner

what about HCDP error this does not happen in early dch driver

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello NinjaUmbra, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I can see based on the report you provided that you are using the Windows* 10 Insider Preview Build 21313; for these Operating Systems (OS) builds, the driver most likely comes from Microsoft's side through Windows updates. Also, since you are part of the insider group, any feedback or questions should go directly to Microsoft* as this is their request. 

On the other hand, the recommendations provided by the community are correct; you should be using the drivers provided by your OEM. Installing Intel generic drivers will overwrite your OEM customized driver. OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos