Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

DVI and HD4600

nsoga
Beginner

Hi,

I've a Zotac Zbox ID92 with Core i5 4570T Chipset H87 Express and Intel HD Graphics 4600 and a Samsung SyncMaster T24HD monitor with 1920x1200 resolution. The OS running is Win 7 Pro.

The Zotac has only one port that is DVI, but with just in case 2 adaptors if need (that are from HDMI to DVI and from VGA to DVI).

Before to install the Intel GPU driver the DVI works perfectly, but after the installation the only way to see something on monitor is to use the HDMI with DVI adaptor, and the problem is that I need to use the DVI cable, not the HDMI+adaptor cable.

I have already upgraded the Intel graphic driver with no results.

The cable works (tested on other pc) and is a DVI-D Single link and the adaptor as well, so is not a problem of type of DVI.

Can you help me? Why I can use only HDMI+DVI adaptor?

Thank you for your support

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I see you have problems after installing video drivers that DVI cable does not display anything on the screen.

Intel recommends using direct cables, no adapters because the usage of adapters may impose restriction while getting screen detected.

I recommend Updating your computer BIOS, as this may interact with video graphics BIOS then install the latest graphics driver for your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600&ProdId=3720&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600&ProdId=3720&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39

Please filter by operating system version and try to install the driver when it finishes downloading, to verify that your system will accept it.

Allan.

0 Kudos
nsoga
Beginner

Hi Allan and thanks for the support.

I've tried how you suggested but not works. I've tried several solutions:

1. Updated bios then I installed graphic card driver ---> unfortunatly not work. I can use only HDMI calbe with DVI adaptor.

2. Removed Intel graphic driver with only windows generic drivers ---> WORKS! I can use the DVI cable!

3. Reinstalled the Intel driver ---> not work. Again only HDMI+DVI adaptor.

I think there is a issue with Intel graphic card drivers

The Intel driver used is: Download Center (Windows 7, 64bit, Version: 15.33.8.64.3345)

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You may need to wait for next driver release; it might have a fix for this matter. I regret to inform you that I do not have an estimate for new driver updates but you can keep on checking on http://downloadcenter.intel.com downloadcenter.intel.com

Allan.

0 Kudos
GPuza
Beginner

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you solve it?

0 Kudos
nsoga
Beginner

Unfortunately no.

Since a few days ago the new driver was available from download as suggested by allan_intel, but they have absolutely no fixed the bug.

Is the first time that I heard the missing DVI support on graphic card driver. Unbelievable.

0 Kudos
GPuza
Beginner

New driver for W7x64? The beta one?

I'll try it this evening. I'll let you know if I succeed or not.

0 Kudos
nsoga
Beginner

Any news with Beta driver?

0 Kudos
GPuza
Beginner
0 Kudos
IMilo
Novice

Hello everyone,

This is so old topic, that unfortunately Intel no not wont to be solved.

Threre is no posible way to plug two monitors at once, not to mention three, since after booting Windows, graphic driver initialize only VGA output.

So basically if anybody have system board with no external graphic card and following outputs, there is no way to use them, except VGA.

On my board "ASUS Z87 PRO"

I have: VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, DP-port.

After installing graphic driver (any version), and rebooting PC, non of DVI, HDMI or DP-port are not initialize!

Why?

That is something, we should ask Intel?

The only possible solution is to manually initialize graphic adapter, and only then outputs are alive.

Disable/Enable graphic device.
0 Kudos
nsoga
Beginner

Just to remind: new driver for Intel graphic card, still no support for the simple DVI port.

0 Kudos