Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20710 Discussions

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Stecat94
Novice

I read though everything on 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-REMOVED-Intel-Iris-Xe-Graphics/m-p/1273967#M96271

and I still have a problem, only this is with Mass Effect Andromeda. (made by EA.com)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stecat94
Novice

I'm sorry... WHAT? The problem was not fixed because I lowered the game settings. I lowered the game settings 6 years ago. I had the pop-up this month...I can't lower the game settings any more than I already have. Keeping my computer cool is the answer but your response makes me question whether you have been paying attention to my posts.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Stecat94
Novice

After some digging, I found that over-heating MIGHT be one cause of this problem. Still testing.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Stecat94,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® HD Graphics 620.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Was the game working before?

2. Are you having issues with other games?

3. What are the temperatures reached by the CPU when the error appears?

4. Does the error appear right after you open the game? Or, does it appear after a while of playing?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Stecat94
Novice

1. I have had this game since March 2017 and I have had the laptop longer. The game has been periodically crashing ever since but only the past couple of weeks has that pop-up been showing. (it had been almost a year since I had previously played)

2. No, but no other game I have is as demanding as this one.

3. Unclear, I never thought to look until recently when I started looking for an answer for that specific pop-up. It had normally been running at 200+ Fahrenheit according to "TThrottle" (with better airflow, it runs 180-190)

4. After a while of playing.(never timed it)

Side note, since the last time I even wanted to play it(over a year ago), I had downloaded Intel® Driver & Support Assistant(from www. intel .com) and used it to update my driver. It says everything is good right now.

EDIT: After several hours of play, I got the temperature back up to 200, it crashed without a pop-up.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Stecat94, 

Thanks for your response. In this case, you can try the following:

1. Try one more time a clean install of the Intel drivers:

2. If the intel driver did not work, I recommend you check with HP to get the steps to install their customized drivers.

3. Make sure that you have all the Windows updates, including the optional ones.

4. Get in contact with HP to confirm if there are any BIOS updates pending.

5. Confirm with HP any steps to control the temperatures for this HP laptop model. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Stecat94
Novice

1. Updated: new report and .txt with the differences attached.  (used the "Execute a clean install")

2. The tool you gave me seems  to have worked.

3. I always keep up to date.

4. No BIOS updates pending.

5. Only a tool that does not apply to this laptop. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Stecat94, 

Thanks for your response. I would like to let you know that Intel® Turbo Boost Technology opportunistically accelerates processor performance for peak loads and it does not sustain the turbo frequencies. The processor usage depends on the applications used in the system. When the processor usage is high, the temperature of the processor also rises. Intel® Processors have built-in thermal protection. If the processor gets too hot, the built-in protection slows down (throttling) and eventually shuts down the processor.

Contact HP to understand the system’s normal operating temperature range and to report unexpected behavior of the system.

As per the issue with the "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" error code, you can try to disable the DLSS graphics setting usually located in the settings of the game. If the option is missing or the issue persists after disabling the settings, I recommend you to check with the game developer and/or HP to report this behavior and check for additional steps and tests.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Stecat94
Novice

I was not able to find the DLSS graphics setting, but when I got the game, I learned it needed to be in low graphics mode to be able to play it at all on this laptop.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Stecat94, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I would like to know if the issue with the error code "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" was fixed after you lower the game settings.

If so, would you agree to close this thread? I will be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Stecat94
Novice

I'm sorry... WHAT? The problem was not fixed because I lowered the game settings. I lowered the game settings 6 years ago. I had the pop-up this month...I can't lower the game settings any more than I already have. Keeping my computer cool is the answer but your response makes me question whether you have been paying attention to my posts.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Stecat94, 

Thanks for the confirmation and I do apologize for the misunderstanding. In this case, If you encounter any overheating issues in the future the best recommendation would be to get in contact with HP to confirm the steps to control the temperature with their unit.

You can also get in contact with the game developer to check if there are any reports of errors or crashes and confirm if there are any steps to troubleshoot/fix the issue.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos