Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21075 Discussions

DXVA does not work with Intel HD 3000 Graphics Drivers

idata
Employee

I've just finished a new computer with intel HD 3000 graphics on the ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe Motherboard, and an i5-2500k using Windows 7 x64.

Two problems

1) The latest drivers provided on the intel website for intel do not work. Once installed, my TV or monitor do not get a signal out of the DVI port. There are a few posts in the forums showing other people have the same problem.

2) DXVA does not work with the driver version available from intel that does work (8.15.10.2266 is what I'm currently using). Using your video player of choice, such as VLC, XBMC, MPC-HC, etc with DXVA enabled the video is nothing but a bunch of colored blocks (also called macroblocking).

Are other people seeing the same issue? Will Intel be releasing newer drivers that fix both the no signal and DXVA problems?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

I had a similar problem with VLC player. Updated to newest version, problem gone.

idata
Employee

I can't say for the DVI issue as I dont use it however I do have the DXVA 'macro blocking' problem when both re encoding video or playing back (XBMC ,MPC).

At present I feel the video playback has been overall a little unstable and disapointing in comparison to my little WDTV which is steady as a rock , maybe i just havent got it set up right?

system:

GA-H67N-USB3-B3

CORE I5 2500

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I also have the problem on a Core i5-2520M with the Intel graphics, but not when I´m using the nVidia card. So this has to be an intel problem and it is not fixed with the newest driver.

I also recall that this problem exist for over a year and is still not fixed!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Am also having the DXVA problem in VLC with the "GPU accel" box checked with my i5-2540m in a Thinkpad x220 (intel HD 3000 graphics). Interestingly though, DXVA works just fine thru MPC, Microsoft DTV-DVD codec. Hope this helps somewhat.

0 Kudos
NBark3
New Contributor I

I have the NUC5i5RYK and the latest .4222 intel graphics driver.

With DXVA checked in Plex I'm seeing major Macro Blocking with VC-1 encoded video.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello nbarksda,

I See you created another thread. Please stay there since this is a very old thread and your product is a different platform:

/thread/76268?sr=stream&ru=512947 https://communities.intel.com/thread/76268?sr=stream&ru=512947

Kevin m

0 Kudos