Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Default VAAPI not working correctly

a_snek
Beginner

I'm still trying to investigate this but when I try using the default vaapi decoder the video is incomprehensible. But if I use vaapi-copy it seems to work fine and also use "VideoEnhance" on the GPU

System:

ryzen 3600g

32gb ram 2600mhz

intel A750

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello a_snek

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to use vaapi to play videos. Please let us know the following information in order to assist with this issue:

1.-Please make sure to use the latest Graphics driver. You can download them from this link.

2.-Please share with us the steps you used to reproduce this issue.

3.-Share a short video showing this issue.

4.-Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the log file. You can follow these instructions to create the log:

• Open Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal
  • From the current director, navigate to the current folder where the ssu.sh file resides. For example if you saved the ssu.sh to a folder called "SSU File" the command would be: cd "SSU File"
  • Run the ssu.sh file using this command: ./ssu.sh <parameter=0|1> where 0 = off and 1 = enabled
  • Use the parameter definitions included in the readme to determine which parameter to use.
  • If no parameter is specified and only ./ssu.sh is run, it will capture all system information with the exception of 3rd party logs which must be specified. If no output file is specified, the SSU will write the output to file <sytemname>.txt.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello a_snek

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello a_snek 

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos