only the screen hangs, no BSOD, or blackscreen.
When I reboot, the screen hangs on windows log-in screen
• Disk install via device manager
• Updated BIOS
• hardware troubleshooter
BTW Intel HD graphics is not available to this kind of laptop. Maybe because of the built-in G-sync.
Im thinking maybe during the update we had an incompatibility issue with the drivers?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you very much
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
In order to better assist you, please provide the following:
1. Is your system able to boot back again? As you mentioned the screen hangs on windows log-in screen after a reboot, I am just wondering if this is your current situation. In case you are able to boot normally, please provide the reports requested below.
2. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:
- Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
- Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
- To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".
- Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time.
3. Provide the DxDiag report:
- Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
- On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
- On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
- Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.
4. What is the exact error that you get while installing the graphics drivers? Please provide the error message (if possible a screenshot).
5. Does the display freeze randomly? Or is it in a specific task/moment? Please explain.
Intel Customer Support Technician.
Hello sir, thank you so much for your time.
The freezing only occurs when updating the display driver.
So I disabled the auto-update from windows.
Right now I can boot normally since I am using an older driver version Nvidia 388.92
When I try to update the driver to Nvidia 390.65, I'm getting a driver error
For Windows OS 1709, I get "windows has stopped my graphics device because of an error (43)"
For Windows OS 1903 & 2004, I have my screen freezing during display driver update.
I also did a memory check & disk check
no error found
Any help is greatly appreciated
Also here is the error from the reliability test
attached is the dmp file
16/08/2020 2:01 pm
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Parameter 1: 804
Parameter 2: ffffffffc000000d
Parameter 3: 110b
Parameter 4: fffff80625bd6268
OS version: 10_0_19041
Service Pack: 0_0
OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.100
Locale ID: 13321
Thank you for the information provided.
Based on the reports and the information that you provided, we can see that your system is only using a third-party Nvidia* graphics card, and your system only works with this graphics card as per the design, leaving apart the Intel® Graphics card and drivers.
Based on that, I will highly recommend you to check with your system manufacturer (Acer*) and Nvidia* for the correct settings, instructions, troubleshooting steps for this issue. Also, you can report this to Microsoft* since this will happen with some specific Operating System versions.
Since this issue is not related to Intel®, we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.
Intel Customer Support Technician.