Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Display Driver got auto-deleted after bios update

Vignesh_Gadhari

I just had an bios update and my display driver got deleted automatically and now when I did the scan for software updates it shows that there is no display driver (Photo for the same is attached). I also tried installing the igfx_win10_100.8853.exe which shows an error "This operating system is no supported".

I am on windows 10 and i don't know why this issue is happening. 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vignesh_Gadhari

Actually, I just got a recent driver update by intel of the DCH drivers and it fixed my issue. Thanks for your support, The issue is fixed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We need more information. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

Vignesh_Gadhari

I've attached the file as a reply as I was unable to see the edit option.

As you can see it only has my Nvidia graphic but previously it also had Intel graphics, using Nvidia's graphics for normal use causes more battery usage that's why I usually keep my Intel display for better battery life during surfing on internet etc.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you checked BIOS Setup to see whether the iGFX has been disabled there?

...S

Vignesh_Gadhari
Yes i did check for IGFX but there was no option there, the only familiar one was Graphic device and it was on switchable graphics.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Vignesh_Gadhari

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If the answer is yes, could you please provide the following information?

1- Screenshot from Device Manager:

• Press the Windows key + X or right-click on Start to open the Power User Menu.
  • Select Device Manager in the menu.
  • In the Device Manager window, select ViewShow hidden devices from the menubar. Now you will be able to see all the devices including the ones that are hidden because they are no longer present in your system.
  • Click on the disclosure widget (the rotating black triangle) to expand the section "Display Adapters" and take a screenshot to attach to your reply.

2- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Vignesh_Gadhari

The screenshot of the Device manager as well as the Scan results have been attached.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Vignesh_Gadhari

Thank you for your response. Based on the screenshot and on the Intel® SSU report provided, we noticed that the integrated graphics card is not being detected.

Since the issue happened after a BIOS update, chances are that it reset or disabled a setting in the BIOS regarding Dual-Graphics (or Hybrid). Nevertheless, please allow us to take a look into this behavior and we will be posting back in the thread as soon we have more details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Vignesh_Gadhari

Actually, I just got a recent driver update by intel of the DCH drivers and it fixed my issue. Thanks for your support, The issue is fixed

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Vignesh_Gadhari

Thank you for your response. We are glad to know that the issue has been solved.

In this case, since the thread has been marked as "Solved" we will proceed to close this inquiry now from our end. Communications with community peers may continue, but if you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos