Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20994 Discussions

Display HDMI issues

Sebi2ga121
Beginner
I connected the video card to the monitor, but the image does not want to refresh, only when I unplug the HDMI cable and then plug it back in.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sebi2ga121,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

Before we continue with further troubleshooting support regarding your graphics issue, we would like to confirm the video card model you are currently using.

Best regards

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sebi2ga121
Beginner
Dear Jean,

I use the intel arc a770 16GB video card.

I finally solved the problem by switching to an earlier driver version.

Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sebi2ga121,

Thanks for the information provided.

We understand that you have resolved the issue by downgrading the graphics driver. However, we would like to know if you would like to continue with the troubleshooting for this issue.

In case you would like to continue the support we would like to have more system information, so create a report using the following tools:

• Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Sebi2ga121
Beginner

Hello Jean,

Here are the files you requested. I hope it helps.

Sincerely

Sebastian K.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sebi2ga121,

There is a new graphics driver version that just came out, 31.0.101.4369. Please, perform a clean driver installation of the latest driver. Sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected.

Also, we would like to confirm if Resizable BAR is enabled in your motherboard BIOS.

Based on the system report, your Operating System build is 19044, and the latest build version available for Windows 10 is 19045. Please, make sure that you installed all the pending Operating System updates you have.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Sebi2ga121
Beginner

Hello Jean, 

I downloaded 31.0.101.4369. driver but the problem remained again. 

I don't use the resiable bar because I haven't found a BIOS update with which I can use it.

Sincerely

Sebastian K.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sebi2ga121,

As we suggested in the previous comment, make sure that you installed all the pending Operating System updates you have and installed the latest Build 19045.

Also, looking at the GIGABYTE website for your system model, there is a new BIOS version available. The latest BIOS version is the F16. Please, update your motherboard BIOS. In case you have questions about the update process, you should contact GIGABYTE support for the proper instructions.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sebi2ga121,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sebi2ga121,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Sebi2ga121
Beginner

Hello Jean,

Sorry for the late answer!

I updated the BIOS but it didn't solve the problem. I tried turning on ReBAR, but it didn't work either. 

I also updated Windows, but there was no change then either.

Sincerely

Sebastian K.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sebi2ga121,

After investigating this issue, we consider that this can be in line with a problem we are experiencing where hardware not officially supported by Intel Arc GPUs (Intel 9th generation or AMD 400 Series motherboard with Smart Access Memory enabled or AMD processors older than Ryzen™ 3000 series) present problems after updating to the driver 31.0.101.4314.

At the moment, the workaround we have is to roll back the driver to an older version, for example, 31.0.101.4255. However, rest assured that we are working on this matter and the fix should be coming in the next drivers.

Also, in case you would like to test, you can try our latest driver that just came out, 31.0.101.4369, just for testing purposes

Best regards

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Sebi2ga121
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I tried the latest version but it didn't work either. Version 4255 works pretty well.

I hope it will be fixed soon and thanks for the help. 

Sincerely

Sebastian K.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Sebi2ga121,

As we mentioned previously, this seems to be related to a problem we are experiencing where hardware is not officially supported by Intel Arc GPUs. We are currently working on implementing the fix into our next drivers, but rest assured that this will be coming soon.

Since this requires more effort on our end and to void duplication of efforts, we will close this thread. If you need additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos