Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Display Scaling API for Intel Graphics

Nitesh1
Beginner

Can we programmatically change the display scaling with any of the Intel API's or Microsoft API's. 

I would like to do Centered scaling through code instead of using Intel Command Center to do so.

I found this content, does it work with Intel driver

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/scaling-the-desktop-image

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Nitesh1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. 

I will proceed to check your inquiries internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Nitesh1, 

Please share with us the following information:

1. What is the hardware? Is it laptops or desktops?
  2. Will be this on native resolutions or are you looking to change for other resolutions higher/lower?
  3. What is the goal with this change via coding? Will it be applied to a lot of computers at the same time?
  4. Is this on built-in or external monitors if so how are they connected in case it is?

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Nitesh1
Beginner

1. It is desktop

2. Not for native resolution. I will lower the resolution and change display scaling

3. Yes it will be applied on to multiple desktops. We don't want end user to do. We will automate with programmatically

4. For external monitors. They are connected via DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Nitesh1, 

Thank you for the information provided, please let us know the model of integrated GPU you will be using to try to perform this process. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Nitesh1
Beginner
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Nitesh1, 

Thank you for the information provided, we will continue to check the issue internally and post back soon. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos