Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Display does not show native resolution - Intel Graphics 620

olb
Beginner

Goodnight!

I switched computers. In the old one, I had an Nvidia card and used a second monitor with a LG 22LS4R-MA TV. Achieving it was not easy. It is a TV / Monitor that, through HDMI, hardly works on any computer. But digging around a lot, I found that there were two possible solutions: changing the Nvidia driver and / or changing the windows registry. And it worked perfectly, with a native resolution of 1680x1050, 60Hz. The addition in the registry was this with a small modification depending on the location of the card:

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Video \ {DEB039CC-B704-4F53-B43E-9DD4432FA2E9} \ 0000]
"OverrideEdidFlags0" = hex: 1E, 6D, 4C, 56,00,00, FF, FF, 04,00,00,00,7E, 01,00

However, I changed my computer and this new one has as integrated board Intel UHD Graphics 620 as main board and Nvidia GeForce MX 150 as dedicated, and this one does not have access to HDMI port to control the second monitor, so the change that there is no driver from Nvidia does not work here.

Adding the registry entry did not work either.

I already downloaded Monitor Asset Manager and PowerStrip to try to make a monitor driver, but I was not successful.

The second monitor works on the new computer, but with a resolution of 1920x1080, which results to be out of the original proportion, washed colors, slightly blurred letters and, from time to time, the screen momentarily turns off. Obviously all of this happens because a correction is wrong. When I put in the correct one, it is without image. But as it works, it is clear that there must be a way to do the same as I do not old computer so that I have a second monitor that works perfectly.

Someone to help me with this job?

Thank you very much in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

olb, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

How many external monitors are you trying to connect? Please provide the model of them.

Which video port are you using to connect them?

Are you using adapters or converters?

Which is the resolution that you want to set on the monitors?

While all the monitors are connected to the computer, please run attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Also, please provide the Intel® Graphics report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello olb, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello olb, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos