Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20739 Discussions

Display driver stopped responding but has recovered Intel HD Graphics 5300 Windows !0

JRead
Beginner

I have purchased a new laptop - windows 10 clean install - and when using Adobe Photoshop elements 14 the error message above regularly comes up - black screen for a few moments and then it recovers and then it happens again.

I have contacted the manufacturer of the laptop and they did a new Windows 10 re-install via remote and this hasn't resolved the problem. I don't expect this to happen on a new laptop and it appears that other people are having the same problem. The manufacturer suggested that it may be a faulty problem with the hardware although I feel that this is still a driver problem.

Processor is Intel i7 6700HQ with 12GB Ram

I would appreciate your help as, if I need to return the laptop, I need to know within a couple of weeks.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JRead
Beginner

Hello

After receiving a message to download a new driver for the HD Graphics display adaptor - it states that the signature is invalid. should I still install it? I did download it yesterday as a beta version - has this now been updated to a confirmed fix and should I use the beta version.

Thanks

Jenny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello zappylady,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

In this case, you can update the driver to the Beta version, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?v=t https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?v=t

Please be aware that Intel provides generic versions of drivers for general purposes. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. Intel recommends you contact your computer manufacturer for the latest system specific updates and technical support information.

If the driver does not install, you can try forcing it, please see http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Note: Once you install the "generic" driver you will overwrite any customizations your system manufacturer made to the driver specific for your system model.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
JRead
Beginner

After uninstall and re-install the driver version is still reading 20.19.15.4331 dated November 2015

What number driver version should it be and should the driver have a March date?

Many thanks

Jenny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You should see in the device manager the version 20.19.15.4404

See picture

Ivan

0 Kudos
JRead
Beginner

I have just sent an email to your email although I am now adding it here.

I have checked and now have driver version 20.19.15.4404 installed.

Tonight I have been using Adobe Editor and after about 1 hour the same thing happened again. Black screen and the notification Display Adaptor has stopped working and recovered and then a second notification stating the same. The black screen lasted longer than last time although it then recovered for another 15 minutes and then it happened again.

Do you think that this is faulty component or could it still be a driver issue?

Many thanks

Jenny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Could you please fill out the information at the following link to assist you better?

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if you could fill out the information required to better assist you with this issue, also I just want to let you know that a new driver will come up soon that hopefully will solve problems like this.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos
JRead
Beginner

Hi

Please can you advise me as to how I can attach the other files for your information. Where is the paperclip?

Many thanks

Jenny 

Bryce@Intel 06-Oct-2015 12:07

Hi All,

IMPORTANT Update: To clean up the Gfx community, we will be moderating threads & posts that are duplicate or incorrectly posted. Please do your part in supporting the community by thoroughly searching for your question/concern before creating a new thread. Duplicates may result in your post to go unanswered, closed, or deleted without further warning.

If you have an observation to report, please be sure to fill out this information as complete as possible.

[copy and paste it to a new thread OR within an existing thread 'reply' and copy+paste this to fill in]

If something doesn't apply, simply indicate NA. This level of information is necessary for issues to be reproduced and investigated.

There are a lot of experienced people in the communities; this information may also help these other users to help answer your questions.

We appreciate your assistance in making Intel products better for all.

<strong style="mso-fareast-language: EN-GB; color: white; font-size: ...

0 Kudos
JRead
Beginner

0 Kudos
JRead
Beginner

0 Kudos
JRead
Beginner
0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

You can attach files via advanced options

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Did you try the new driver? Hopefully, this can help you solving the issue, please let me know if you can try this driver and if it solved the issue.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
JRead
Beginner

Hello I tried the 4424 and the problem persists. I have now changed the driver to 4444 and we will see what happens - will let you know. Many thanks Jenny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for letting me know, I hope you can have a better experience with the version 4444, we will appreciate if you could let us how it goes.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos