Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Display is glitchy, washed out

Losi
Beginner

Images and videos seem to be 'washing out'. Only in browsers now but used to be everywhere (including system apps). Have done a clean installation of the latest Intel driver detected by IDSA and prior to that I have tried to roll back my driver to see if it would fix it but still the same issue. I have attached a video and image of what happens. HDR is enabled, also have tried switching browsers but it still happens. It's not the images only that do that but also parts of the browser like shown in the video and image attached to this. I also attached a text file which includes a report from the IDSA page. 

Edit 1: A few hours after this post I decided to turn off hardware acceleration in the browser settings at it seems to have fixed it! (For now, will edit if it comes back)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Losi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Try using another Monitor.
  • When you mentioned the color being "washed out" is it when using apps or it also affects the desktop?
  • Is HDR enabled?
  • what drivers work and what drivers give them this problem?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Losi,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Losi,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos