Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21271 Discussions

Displayport artifacting and dropping signal with uhd630

KiKiHUN
Beginner
Hi.
I have a lenovo m720q pc with an i5 8500t and a samsung sa850 monitor.
I tried connecting with DP cable, but i had no luck. The image just artifacts, black screen every 2 sec. The resolution nor the refresh rate change solve the issue with DP.

With hdmi to dvi adapter, only 1080p60hz is the highest option, it works but i would like to use 1440p60hz setting.

Tried:
-This samsung monitor+ a pc with dedicated nvidia gpu+ DP =no issue, 1440p60hz works

-this lenovo pc + acer gamer monitor+ DP = no issue, 1080p144hz works

So something is wrong with the communication between the lenovo pc and the samsung monitor when using DP. I tried multiple DP cables, longer ones, shorter ones, same result.
Any help?
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello KiKiHUN,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

Kindly help generate the SSU log of your system. Kindly download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KiKiHUN
Beginner

I attached the report.

0 Kudos
KiKiHUN
Beginner

And i found that if the background is set to black and only the cursor and the taskbar is present on that monitor, no signal dropping. But if i open a window, everything falls apart. 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello KiKiHUN,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Upon reviewing the SSU logs, you are still using the Graphics driver 31.0.101.2115.

The latest that we have is 31.0.101.2128. Kindly install the latest driver and check if there will be improvements.

Kindly download the latest driver here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/776137/intel-7th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
KiKiHUN
Beginner

Still the same issue. Artifact then signal drop. Tuning the timmings and frequncy with cru can make it better, but still not perfect.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello KiKiHUN,

Thank you for the update.

By the way, have you tried to contact Lenovo and Samsung about this issue?

Base on you test, there is no issue with the Graphics since it is working with your Acer monitor.

So this may be a compatibility issue or they may have requirements for it to work.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello KiKiHUN,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello KiKiHUN,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am sending another follow up hoping you are now talking to the manufacturer of the system. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Thank you and have a great day. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
KiKiHUN
Beginner
I talked to lenovo support and chatted with lenovo community and samsung community.
I got a few responses that samsung and lenovo things are a bad match and can cause errors like this. Got this from random members.
Samsung and lenovo support only said that they don't know why this is happening.
0 Kudos