I have updated my graphics driver and after restarting my computer my brightness has gone to a darker color. (If I uninstall the driver my brightness come back to normal). I'm curious to know if there is an alternative way to fix this issue without having to uninstall the driver.
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Memory 16 GB
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - H110M-H-CF
Video Cards Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
- You didn't answer what is the Bios version on your computer. The Bios should be updated before installing drivers. The latest bios version for your board is F24. You will find the Bios and all the other drivers on this page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
- This is the latest Graphics Driver, release by Gigabyte for your computer http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_vga_intel_100.6518.zip . Download it to your computer.
- Install this driver while you see in Device Manager the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver.
- Before installing the Graphics Driver, install the latest Intel Management Engine Interface Driver http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_chipset_300ser_heci_corporate_1904.12.0.1208.z... and the Intel INF information software http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_chipset_300ser_infupdate_10.1.17969.8134.zip
I have updated my Bios & downloaded and installed the chipsets, then when I go to download the graphics driver it tells me
"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"
- "...then when I go to download the graphics driver it tells me..." I believe that you intend to say install the driver rather than download.
- Before installing this Graphics Driver you should first uninstall the currently installed driver. This have to be done when installing DCH driver first time. Follow those instructions:
- Disconnect the internet and uninstall the currently installed driver. Check the Delete option while uninstalling. After uninstalling, you should in Device Manager the Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver.
- Next, install previously downloaded Graphics Driver.
- Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.
I have done this and it did not resolve my display brightness, my screen used to be bright until I installed the new graphics driver, if I have only Microsoft basic graphics driver my screen display is perfectly fine, it’s only when I install the new driver my display changes.
- Now you have Bios and drivers updated, please enter Bios and set it default settings.
- Usually (but not in all computers), press F2 during boot to enter Bios. Press F9 followed by"Y", to set bios defaults and then F10 confirmed by "Y" to save settings and exit Bios. Could be that in your computer other keys combination is used.
Were you able to check the previous post?
Please let me know if you need more assistance.
Intel Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel