Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Does integrated 4600 graphic card support DisplayPort 1.2MST? Hoping to buy a display port to VGA cable to plug into Daisy Chain compatible monitor and then HDMI out to second HDMI in monitor.

ffxjack
Beginner

For some reason, HDMI on my graphics card is shot so can't hook up 2 displays anymore. Plugging into HDMI kills Windows although VGA works fine. Hoping to cox another 6-12months out of this PC

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

What version of Windows 10? 1909?

What is the model number of your laptop or system/motherboard?

Doc

0 Kudos
ffxjack
Beginner

I've got 4th gen i7-4790T, 2.70 GHz running windows 10 home, 1909 in a HP slim desktop 410-030.

Added 8Gb Ram for 16GB total and replaced HD to SSD but otherwise as is.

Trying to eek out another 6months of use w/this PC before upgrading as it'll be 5 yrs old but 2 monitors (not duplicate screens) has been crucial for my productivity and the HDMI port is shot.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your processor supports three graphics channels and each is capable of supporting a DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 1.4 output. According to the specs for your system, however, only two ports are exposed, one down-configured for VGA and one configured for HDMI 1.4. It is unclear to me that you have any path to access a DisplayPort 1.2 stream in order to attempt to use a MST Hub. Have you verified that your problem is not, in fact, a bad HDMI cable?

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
ffxjack
Beginner

Tried various HDMI cables, different monitors, HDMI to USB adapter. It took me awhile to realize that it was the HDMI port was causing my system to crash as it went bad around time of big Windows update and the HDMI monitor was primary monitor. I ended up doing clean install of Windows and upgrading to SSD too.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, ​if you aren't in need of any intense graphics output, you can use a single- or dual-port USB 3.x to VGA/HDMI/DP adapter.

...S

0 Kudos
ffxjack
Beginner

I tried a HDMI to USB 3 adapter (by J5 create) but for some reason the output was only sporadic and unpredictable (although may neglected to install drivers). At $75 after taxes, I ended up returning it. Should I try again or w/different brand?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is the one that I purchased and it works just fine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y681RPY.

...S

0 Kudos