Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20694 Discussions

Double images and flashing display screen

MikeQuattlebaum
Beginner

For several months now I have been experiencing a display problem where after a few minutes of use the screen starts to flash with double images in the colors of reddish pink and green . I am using an Asus VivoBook S running the latest version of Windows and Windows Edge . I have all the latest Microsoft updates as well as Intel updates but the problem persists . Some updates have cured the flashing problem for a few days at a time but it always returns . Just now the flashing has become so bad I just have to turn off my laptop for a few minutes and then turn it back on ...but the problem is still there . I have searched all over the internet for fixes but nothing has helped so I decided to join this community in search of a resolution . Thanks !

0 Kudos
24 Replies
MikeQuattlebaum
Beginner

Thanks man ! I will have that checked next .

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @MikeQuattlebaum

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

As @n_scott_pearson pointed out, we are leaning towards being a hardware issue, but just to rule it out you could try a Windows Recovery or clean operating system (OS) installation. For proper assistance with these steps, we recommend contacting ASUS* Support or Microsoft* Support.

Note:

For clarification purposes, ASUS* driver 26.20.100.7325 was the latest one available on the ASUS* website at the moment of posting our answer on March 12th, that's the reason why ASUS* driver V27.20.100.8682 was not offered before.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MikeQuattlebaum
Beginner

Sadly enough I was able to hook up my laptop to 2 different external monitors last night and the problem is the display on my laptop . Thanks for all your help and have a fun weekend !

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MikeQuattlebaum

Thank you for your response and for your feedback. Based on the tests with the external displays, this is, unfortunately, supporting the idea that this seems to be a hardware issue. In this case, we recommend contacting ASUS* Support for additional assistance, for instance, a physical inspection of the laptop's display.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for all your efforts and it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos