Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Downloading older versions of graphics drivers (error with new version)

idata
Employee

I have a Windows Vista Home Basic (32bit) laptop with Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset. Two days ago, I decided to check and see if I had the latest version of the driver. It turns out I didn't. So I downloaded and installed the newest version, 15.13.1.1688. Ever since then, about once every 30 minutes, my screen goes black for a second or two, then comes back on. A bubble comes up in corner saying "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered." This has become very annoying. It NEVER did this until I "upgraded" to the newest driver version. So is there a way to download an older version, or another way to fix this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi there,

It is not always recommended to update drivers or bios if you system is working perfectly fine.

I have found only a previous version. YOu can try this one.

For Intel 4 Series Express Chipset : http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_Results.aspx?strOSs=152&strTypes=all&ProductID=2996&OSFullName=Windows%20Vista*%20Home%20Basic,%2032-bit%20version&lang=eng&sType=prev

Please note this is the only previous one available, and it may not always be the one that you were having on your system prior to the driver update.

Hope this will be useful.

Cheers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not sure if it's what I had before, but I've been using it for a day and so far, no errors have occured. Thanks!

0 Kudos