Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Driver and WebGL

Marge_Br
Beginner

A recent Dell update has caused one of my Facebook games to be unable to use WebGL.  Since WebGL is working with my browser the next suggested fix was to update my graphics card driver.  Has anyone else had this issue?  What driver do I need for my Intel UHD Graphics 620?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Update your browser.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Marge_Br
Beginner

The problem occurs with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.  I just downloaded Firefox and it fails the same way with it as well.  The game hangs and when I reload it displays the message 'We cannot run WebGL.  Please go to WebGL (a clickable link to https://get.webgl.org/), to check that you have proper drivers installed for your graphic card and get further instructions.'  When I click the link I see a spinning cube and the message 'You should see a spinning cube. If you do not, please visit the support site for your browser.'  I ran a report chrome://gpu which I can provide.  And I Enabled the Override Software Rendering List Flag in chrome:flags.  I don't know what else to try as none of this has worked.  Here is the information for the level of Chrome I am running   

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thank you for your response, I am open to any further suggestions.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Marge_Br
Beginner

Attached is the file from Intel System Support Utility

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Marge_Br,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• What is the specific game with the issue?
  • Can you please provide a screenshot?
  • Have you tested different driver versions? If so please provide details.
  • Just to confirm is WebGL enabled on the browsers?

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Marge_Br,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Marge_Br
Beginner

Sorry for the delay.  Here is the data.

Facebook Criminal Case, I have attached screen shot.

Intel UHD Graphics 620 Driver version 27.20.100.8935  dated 10/28/2020.

Device manager says this device is working properly. And update says the best driver is already installed.  Please advise what other driver to try.

0 Kudos
Marge_Br
Beginner

Additional information

Results of chrome://gpu/ command attached.

Relevant chrome://flags  command attached.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Marge_Br,

Thank you for the information provided, we are currently checking on it. Please expect an update soon.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Marge_Br,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

We would like to recommend you for testing our latest generic driver, version 27.20.100.9316.

Please, follow the below steps to install it:

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer.  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30266/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel > Programs and Features
  4. Restart the computer. 
  5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1 through 6.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1. 
  8. Restart the computer. 
  9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

Please, test the games after the installation and let us know the outcome.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Marge_Br
Beginner

Maria, I followed your instructions and downloaded and installed the driver indicated.  Unfortunately the Facebook Game Criminal Case still hangs.  It doesn't happen immediately but that has always been the case.  I am not sure what their next step was going to be but it hangs the same way.  Do you have any other suggestions, is there any information I can collect for further diagnosis?  Thank you.  Marge

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Marge_Br,

Thank you for let us know the outcome.

We will try to replicate this in our labs. We will provide an update here as soon as possible.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Marge_Br
Beginner

Thank you so much for trying to figure this out.  This morning I had the game lock up on the computer it still runs on.  Each day you get a bonus spin and it was at the point it should have displayed the bonus wheel.  I was able to get it going again by clearing cache and shutting down and restarting Google Chrome.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Marge_Br,

Thank you for the details you provided.

We are still looking into it and hope to have updates to provide you soon.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Marge_Br,

We are still looking into this. Can you please test a different game to verify if it works? Confirm if the issue is just with Criminal Case.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Marge_Br
Beginner

I turned on the computer I couldn't play Criminal Case on tonight and all of a sudden I can play the game again.  I don't know what changed, the system had rebooted so maybe a Windows 10 update.  I checked the graphics driver and it is level 26.20.100.8141. I don't remember what level it was before but I know it isn't the one you had me try which was 27.20.100.9316.  This was the only game I had trouble with and I don't know how to tell what games use WebGL.  I appreciate all your help and will keep you posted on how things are going.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Marge_Br,

Thank you for letting us know.

We are working on this, please expect some update soon.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
dennis1522
Beginner

I have the same problem.  I can add that if you turn hardware acceleration off in Chrome, with the latest driver, the game will run, but very slowly.  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Dennis,

Please open a separate conversation for your issue so that it can be separately tracked. It doesn't matter whether you think the issue is the same; open a separate conversation please. 

...S

0 Kudos