Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20942 Discussions

Driver display stopped responding and has recovered

DF4
Beginner

Hi. I have an HP-15 f018dx laptop running Windows 10.

It has Intel Core i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHZ And the graphics controller is: Intel HD graphics family 4400

The laptop originally came with Win 8.1 and I upgraded it to Windows 10 about 5 months ago.

Okay so the problem is, when I play games in facebook, the notification center in win 10 at times (nearly every day) sends me this message:

"Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered... display driver intel hd graphics for windows 8 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

The game freezes at that point. Then i have to close game and restart.

I've checked my drivers with a couple of programs and according to them I am up to date with everything and I have all my win 10 updates.

Laptop works fine other wise.

Is there another graphics driver I could try? Thanks.

Added:

I uninstalled the driver and let windows update it to a different version and I'll see if that helps.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Dannyhere:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

Please test your system with the following steps:

1. Uninstall the driver and select "Delete the driver software for this device"

2. Install all Windows updates that could be available for your system.

3. Please make sure you have all other drivers are installed and up to date.

4. After checking steps above, test your system with the default drivers from Windows 10* (installed after uninstalling the current drivers).

*The drivers provided by your OEM or the Motherboard's manufacturer.

*The generic drivers from Intel.

Generic drivers from Intel:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen] 64-bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40] 3-bit

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
DF4
Beginner

Hi Estaban. Thank you for your reply. Appreciate your help!

I did this before I heard back from you:

Yes, i uninstalled the driver and restarted the laptop and windows reinstalled a driver. Then windows update found another driver and I initially tried to stop it from being updated by trying to hide it but that didn't work and i decided to let windows install it.

I noticed that the version it installed was different than what i originally had (what I originally uninstalled).. it seems to be a more recent version (which i thought strange since my HP software update did not alert me to its existence).

Anyway, so far all day everything is good. I'm going to wait a few days before I consider it solved but so far looking good.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Dannyhere:

Good to hear that the default driver from Windows stopped the issue.

If you encounter with the issue again, please provide us with the information requested in the link below.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos