Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20843 Discussions

Driver update

vanpham14
Beginner

When there is a new Intel driver installation, I always perform a clean update, but after the update is complete I am returned to the older driver version (May 18, 2022). I checked and there is no need to update the driver anymore. What do I need to do to update to the latest driver?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello vanpham14,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To assist us in reviewing your request, we kindly ask you to provide the following information:

1. Purpose of Driver Update: Is there a specific reason you're updating the driver to the latest version? Have you experienced any problems with your graphics?

2. Update Method: Could you describe how you're applying the update? Whether it's an automatic or manual process, please provide more details on how you execute the update.

3. System Details: Please specify the model of your system and the operating system you are using.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
vanpham14
Beginner
Update purpose: when I turned on my computer, Intel support said there was an update, so I proceeded.
Update process: I followed the steps to proceed and selected "Clean Execute". The driver update was in 2024 but then I was returned to the driver version dated May 18, 2022.
System Details: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 5 15itl05 i5 (82FG01H7VN)
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello vanpham14,

Thanks for your swift response.

To clarify, when you mentioned receiving an update notification from Intel support, was it through the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant?

It's important to note that if your device is from an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), we strongly advise using the drivers they provide. This recommendation is due to the possibility of installation incompatibilities arising from modifications or customizations they may have applied to the software or its packaging. However, if you prefer to use the most recent driver available on our website, you have the option to proceed with a manual installation. You can find and download the necessary file from our official site.

Refer to Installation method 2 on How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello vanpham14,

Good day!

I'm following up to see if you've had a chance to review our previous message and if there are any further questions or points that need clarification regarding this issue

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos