Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21308 Discussions

Driver updates report success, version number stays at 10

NSing15
Beginner

This is on a 15" MBP with Iris Pro 5200.

I was on version 15.something of the Intel drivers, it updated and reported back successfully. After Windows 10 came out, I manually installed the 15.40 driver because the Intel updater wasn't picking it up and it had added new API support, so I didn't want to wait.

Well, after that, the version number is now reporting as 10.18.15.4279, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall 15.40, whether manually or through the Intel updater. It will say driver updated successfully, but always report back as 10.18. I even tried unpacking the driver, and doing it from within device manager to manually install the extracted file, and it said it worked, but it's still reporting as 10.18.

Any idea what to do?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please refer to the following link http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-020667.htm Graphics Drivers — Understanding The Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number.

Drivers are often referred to by either build number or driver version:

DX OSver Build number

15.33.18. 64. 3496

win8 DX Build number

10. 18. 10. 3496

There is no difference between the two. The rest of numbers are just for internal reference.

Allan.

0 Kudos