Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Driver utilities - Display card driver caused windows to crash

TAjam
Beginner

To whom it may concern

I recently purchased a intel i5-2400 (3.1 GHz, 6mb cache 4 cores) intel Q67 express chipset. However the PC did not come with windows on it, thus i had to start from scratch.. After installing windows 7 professional 64-bit, i discovered that the display adapter was marked as a standard VGA card- 8bit, i LOL so loud, and decided that because the pc is an HP rp5800 it should have the second generation intel hd graphics 3000/2000 onboard.

As such i downloaded driver utilities as per intels website, and i downloaded the driver for the processesors, and when i downloaded the driver for the display card, installation completed and pc restarted, however it could not load, windows, as i got faced with the Blue screen of death...

Its vital that i get the correct display drivers, as i cant even watch a 1080p video with the current driver given to me by windows.

Am i doing something wrong? or is there a specific order of doing things?

a response would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Taufeeq,

We will continue assisting you on this thread:

/thread/45341 https://communities.intel.com/thread/45341

0 Kudos
TAjam
Beginner

its okay dude, you may delete this thread as my problem was already solved noob mistake of me, initially.. ive been out of the latest technologies loop for a good 8 years now..

0 Kudos