Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

Driver utilities ==> display driver caused windows to crash

TAjam
Beginner

To whom it may concern

I recently purchased a intel i5-2400 (3.1 GHz, 6mb cache 4 cores) intel Q67 express chipset. However the PC did not come with windows on it, thus i had to start from scratch.. After installing windows 7 professional 64-bit, i discovered that the display adapter was marked as a standard VGA card- 8bit, i LOL so loud, and decided that because the pc is an HP rp5800 it should have the second generation intel hd graphics 3000/2000 onboard.

As such i downloaded driver utilities as per intels website, and i downloaded the driver for the processesors, and when i downloaded the driver for the display card, installation completed and pc restarted, however it could not load, windows, as i got faced with the Blue screen of death...

Its vital that i get the correct display drivers, as i cant even watch a 1080p video with the current driver given to me by windows.

Am i doing something wrong? or is there a specific order of doing things?

a response would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
entilza
New Contributor I

So were you able to get back into windows safe mode?

I believe the latest driver is 15.28.18.64.3223 for the HD 2000 that is in your i5-2400.

0 Kudos
TAjam
Beginner

i couldnt get into safe mode it bsod after windows loading screen

i havent installed any drivers yet, can i go ahead and instal the hp 1 right now?

0 Kudos
TAjam
Beginner

is there a specific order in which to instal drivers? now would be a good time before i crash it again

0 Kudos
entilza
New Contributor I

You need to hold F8 before the logo, so you get the option to load in safe mode!

However it sounds like you reinstalled windows?

After a clean version of windows install there is no reason you cannot install your video drivers first. Make sure you downloaded the correct HP one I listed above, good luck.

0 Kudos
TAjam
Beginner

you provided me with the correct information above, tried it last night, everything went perfectly, now what do you guys think of the integrated HD graphics 2000?

i just want to be able to play warcraft 3 dota on highest quality, would i be able to?

Currently at work now, cant wait to get home and do additional tweaking,

Also what do you guys think of tune-up utilities 2014? if you not a fan, what type of registry cleaner are you using

0 Kudos