Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Driver will not Install

JAmer
Beginner

I have been notified by a few sources that my graphics card software is outdated. Then I noticed that the Intel Driver & Support Assistant had update notifications. I clicked on it and went to the website. It identified my computer information and showed me my available updates. I download the update just fine but when I try to install it, I get the following message:

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.

Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will Exit.

I am running Windows 10 64 Bit Version 1909 and I have already checked with the HP website and they do not have a driver for version 1909. I need this to work because I have some software that will not run because it says I need to update my graphics software because it is outdated. Please help!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Disconnect the Internet
  2. Open Apps and Features in Windows settings and uninstall the currently installed Intel Graphic Driver.
  3. Reboot your computer.
  4. Install previously downloaded new Intel Graphics Driver.
  5. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
JAmer
Beginner

That did not work.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Download Intel System Support Utility (SSU) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  2. Run the SSU system scan and save the results.
  3. The txt file with the results, please attach to your post. Use the "paper clip" in the left down corner.

Leon

0 Kudos
JAmer
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Usually I'm not recommending to install default Intel Graphic drivers on laptop. Some time the OEM modifies the Intel driver to accommodate with the hardware. This is also trough for the laptop with additional graphic chip.
  2. You already have installed Intel DCH Graphics Driver version 25.20.100.6577. So, updating to the latest version 26.20.100.7755 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29335/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126789 should note cause any problem. However, you are writing that you can't install it.
  3. I've no answer for this. I suggest you to ask HP support or wait for better answer from Intel engineer.

Leon

0 Kudos
JAmer
Beginner

OK, I will do that. Thank you for the effort that you gave in helping me.

0 Kudos
jwich1
Beginner
  • Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. If you can't install drivers on Windows 10, then run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve the issue. ...
  • Run DISM tool. ...
  • Run an SFC scan. ...
  • Perform a Clean Boot. ...
  • Perform a System Reset.

DQFanSurvey

0 Kudos
JAmer
Beginner

Where do I find those things at?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

All are windows tools. Use windows search to find them.

Doc

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JAmer, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the issue persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JAmer
Beginner

I have tried all of the suggestions, but it is still not working.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JAmer, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates, we are sorry to hear the issue persists.

We actually recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I was checking the SSU report for the model of the laptop, but it says "HP Laptop 17-by0xxx", by any chance do you know the complete model of it so we can look for the Graphics driver provided by HP?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JAmer
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JAmer, Thank you very much for providing that information.

I was checking HP's web site for the proper drivers for your laptop and actually, there are many different versions available in there, some of them belong to AMD as well.

So, in this case, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with HP for them to confirm which are the proper drivers for this platform and to provide guidance on how to install them.

The laptop might be using a dual graphics configuration, using both AMD and Intel® as graphics controllers, the driver customized by HP will adapt to that feature and it will add information to the Windows* registry, that is why the driver validated by them is the one that we recommend to install.

The same thing happens with the Windows* updates, the driver that gets installed when you run them it is also validated by HP, so Windows* will use and install that driver above any other Intel® Generic Graphics driver.

Here is the link where you can check the "Driver-Display/Monitor" and the "Driver-Graphics" tabs to verify the graphics drivers:

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-17-by0000-laptop-pc/20395856/model/24094141

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JAmer
Beginner

OK, I will do that. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

JAmer, You are very welcome.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos