Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Dual Monitor Configuration Issues

AdeCentrality
Beginner

Hi there, 

I wonder if you can help.  I am experiencing some Dual Monitor display issues...

My Setup is as follows:

Microsoft Laptop Surface Pro 3 running Win10 ENT (Build 10.0.19042)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G7 CPU @ 1.20GHz, 1498_

The surface pro is connected to a Microsoft Dock 2 for which; Monitor 1 (DELL U2212HM) displays the correct resolution 1920 x1080) and is connected  (VGA to Mini Display port adapter) using the Intel(R) Plus graphics

Monitor 2 (also a Dell u22212HM) is connected via VGA to USB - C port on the laptop and has the "wired display" badge under Advanced display settings (appearing as connected to Intel(R) Plus Graphics) but does not display the same resolution.

I originally connected both monitors to the Microsoft Dock 2 and this configuration is where the issue started.

All cables and adapters have been tested - proven not to be faulty.

I've run a system  report (dxdiag) and attached if this is of any help.

Looking forward to a response.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

0 Kudos