Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20977 Discussions

Dual display - The 2nd screen never wakes up

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a NUC7i7BNH with Iris® Plus Graphics 650 v24.20.100.6025 driver.

I use 2 screens, the first one is plugged with HDMI cable, the 2nd one with USB Type-C.

Windows 10 is set to turn off the screens after 4h.

When I get back from this sleep mode, only the screen plugged with HDMI cable wakes up, the 2nd one always remains off.

I need to unplug it and plug it again to get it on.

Is there a solution please ?

My screens are both ASUS VX239H.

Thanks.

Yann

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Patanock,

I understand that you are currently having problems with a monitor that does not turn back on when it goes to sleep.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, I would like to know what is the model of adapter that you are using in order to connect the NUC to the monitor, I researched about the monitor and according to what I was able to find, the specified monitor has neither USB-C, nor Display Port. Are you using a USB-C to HDMI adapter? What is the model?

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello David,

Thanks for you answer.

You will find the dxdiag result in attachment.

About my screens, they are Asus VX239H : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00D6L4Y9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Asus VX239H 58,4 cm (23") Monitor (Full HD, VGA, HDMI/MHL) Noir: Amazon.fr: Informatique

The first one is plugged with HDMI/HDMI cable, the 2nd one is HDMI/USB-C cable : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0711Z7LKP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Câble USB vers C HDMI, 2 m Câble Ultra HD Type C vers HDTV de Penzo, Plug and Play pour 2016 MacBook Pro, 2015 MacBook, …

Best regards,

Yann

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Patanock,

Thank you for your response.

Please bear in mind that Intel* does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. We can recommend you to update your graphics driver, that in some cases will fix the problem. Please refer to the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98912 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98912

Download the ".zip" file and follow the steps below:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the .INF file (Setup Information file).

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Patanock,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to try the driver update?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello David,

Thanks for your answer, I didn't had time until now.

I just installed 24.20.100.6136, I will let you know in a few days if I still have the problem.

Best regards,

Yann

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Patanock,

I understand, please let me know when you test it so we can proceed accordingly.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello David,

After a few days and many sleep mode... I think the problem has been resolved.

I just had to unplug / plug my 2nd screen 1 time in the first days... but now it seems it wakes up correctly every time.

So Thank you very much

Yann

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Patanock,

I am really glad to know and it has been my pleasure to assist you with this. I will proceed to close this request for now, however, if you need any more help do not hesitate to reply so we can assist you further.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos