Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Dual monitor setup on Intel (R) UHD Graphics 620 card

Abhinkoi
Novice

Hello,

I am using Dell Inspiron 3583 model with 1 HDMI port & few USB ports. It has Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 display adapter with 4GB total graphics memory and 128 MB dedicated video memory. I need to add 2 extended monitors to extend the display to show different screens and looking for a possible solution to accomplish this goal.

Please advise if this laptop configuration or display card configuration supports this or not. If not, what else can I do to make this happen?

Thanks in advance.

I am adding the Dxdiag results for a quicker solution.

Regards
Abhinav

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Abhinkoi
Novice
Thank you so much Scott for your quick response. I have ordered the suggested adapter/converter and I hope that it will work as needed.

Thanks again. Take care
Abhi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel HD/UHD Graphics 620 can support three monitor channels and up to three monitors can be connected via these channels. One of these channels will be utilized to support the built-in display of the laptop and another will be utilized to support the HDMI port (which, alas, can only support one monitor being connected). You need the third channel in order to connect another monitor, but it does not appear that your laptop have this capability.

All is not lost. There are ways to connect a monitor via a USB 3.x port. Here is an example of a graphics adapter that you could use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087PD9KSZ.

Hope this helps,

...S

Abhinkoi
Novice
Thank you so much Scott for your quick response. I have ordered the suggested adapter/converter and I hope that it will work as needed.

Thanks again. Take care
Abhi
0 Kudos
Abhinkoi
Novice
Thank you Scott once again. I have installed the driver of the adapter from the link given in the instruction manual and plugged the adapter. The system detected it well and extended monitor worked like a charm. I really appreciate your time to provide this solution. Thanks a ton!
0 Kudos