Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20757 Discussions

Error from ig9icd32.dll on calling OpenGL gl.UseProgram()

ideabrush
Beginner

I'm the author of the app Expresii. I found that error occurs when I try to export an artwork snapshot from Expresii when on Intel GPUs. Please see attached report for details. The error occurs on machines like Surface Book 2 or Surface Pro 7 i7. It doesn't happen on AMD or Nvidia CPU's, so it seems to me it's Intel-specific.  Please let me know if you need more information from me. Thanks for your attention!

0 Kudos
29 Replies
ideabrush
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for your update and screenshots. Do you mind showing me a video of your process? Seeing the screenshots you attached alone, I can't make sure you exported with alpha channel and outputting the snapshot a 2nd time (in the same Expresii session i.e. not restarting Expresii between exports, as shown in my video posted here previously).

On my side, I downgraded the driver to match your 8681. I also did a Factory Reset of Expresii (via the Start Menu item) so that it starts with default settings. And here's a video of these settings giving the error:

https://youtu.be/nSBt-kAC9Wc

I had to kill Expresii as it's not responsive after the error occurred.

Doing it one more time. This time, I use a smaller output size and chose not to use HQ so that tiling is not triggered (it would be triggered when the output size is big or 'HQ' is chosen) and thus the process is faster. Still, we get the error:
https://youtu.be/JzUnYoGOXBk

Thanks JeeSifu for chipping in. I think it at least shows that it's really not just me getting the error but others do too. I really want to recommend my users those new sleek devices with Iris Graphics, but I can't right now given the output error on Intel chips. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello ideabrush

I sent you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information.

Regards,

David G

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ideabrush
Beginner

Did accordingly. Thanks for following up, David.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We continue to work on this request, we will update the case once we have updates.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ideabrush
Beginner

Thanks David for the confirmation. In the meanwhile, if your tester can provide a process video of their running of Expresii, I might be able to spot the reason why you're not getting the error. 

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @ideabrush 

I was able to replicate the issue, but as you may understand with the ongoing Pandemic resources are already spread thin, thus before filing this bug with our driver development team I want to make sure we have a strong business justification so it gets the right level of attention amidst other Critical bugs.

Per example, how many users are impacted by this issue? Any other data points you can provide would certainly help me advocate for this bug.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
ideabrush
Beginner

Thank you Ronald for the acknowledgement. How can I contact you privately for the numbers? 

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Thanks! I'll contact you via email for those details.

Regards,

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @ideabrush 

Thank you for taking the time to communicate this bug to us.

We were able to reproduce the issue and it has been submitted to our driver development team under bug ID 14014091775.

Once there is an update or we have any news we will communicate it on this thread.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos