Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20645 Discussions

Event 1023 .Net Runtime (OneApp.IGCC.WinService.exe)

BMC4930
Beginner

Just built a new Windows 11 workstation with an ASUS Prime z790-A featuring Intel 770 Graphics.

The PC is working very well - but I do keep getting this specific Event viewer error at each restart:

Description: A .NET application failed.
Application: OneApp.IGCC.WinService.exe
Path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igcc_dch.inf_amd64_b347022cd0d38bb1\OneApp.IGCC.WinService.exe
Message: You must install or update .NET to run this application.

App: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igcc_dch.inf_amd64_b347022cd0d38bb1\OneApp.IGCC.WinService.exe
Architecture: x64
Framework: 'Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App', version '7.0.0' (x64)
.NET location: C:\Program Files\dotnet\

No frameworks were found.

Learn about framework resolution:
https://aka.ms/dotnet/app-launch-failed

To install missing framework, download:
https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunch?framework=Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App&framework_version=7.0.0&arch=x64&rid=win10-x64

This message goes on and on about installing the .NET 7.x runtime - which I HAVE Done. But the error persists.

I also found the actual service in Services - I see it is set to Automatic but I try to start it - it fails with another super long obscure error message.

Finally - I can confirm I can open the Intel Graphics Control center normally from the start menu and all is well. 

So - what exactly does this app do and is it necessary for normal operations? 

Appreciate any insight.

Cheers

Bruce

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BMC4930
Beginner

This has now been solved after I finally figured out which .NET 7.x runtimes were actually required.

Cheers

B

0 Kudos
BarnabyIbis
Beginner

Can you identify exactly which version(s) and flavour worked for you? I had the latest, v8 installed, which is what was reported in the error (rather than your 'no versions detected'). I installed .Net 7 specifically but still see the same error.

Thanks, Barnaby

0 Kudos