Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20839 Discussions

External monitor not detected by UHD 620

dmh
Beginner

Dear Intel Community,

I am currently facing the problem that, seemingly out of the blue, my laptop has stopped recognizing external monitors. Up until Christmas, on every startup, my monitor was recognized and worked without any issue - starting back up in the new year, there is now no signal.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga

Graphics card: Intel UHD 620

Monitor: Dell P2719HC

I have installed both available Graphics drivers from [ https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/776137/intel-7th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html   ] - version 31.0.101.2121 and version 31.0.101.2125. First un-installing the Device via the Windows "Device Manager", then re-installing the drivers sequentially as clean installs, neither driver version worked.

I know that the cable still transmits data - I am using a USB-C cable that both charges the laptop via the external monitor and transmits the screen image. The charging function still works, the laptop is receiving power from the monitor, but without an image signal. 

I have tried several other monitors, both using USB-C and HDMI cables, testing that the cables and other monitors work, without success - the problem seems to be that the laptop is no longer recognizing external monitors at all. I have of course also tried using the display settings "Detect" and "Duplicate"/ "Extend" functions.

Attached the long-form SSU and Graphics Command Reports  ---

Thank you very much for any help or further instructions to get the machine to recognize external monitors again!
David

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @dmh

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We sincerely regret you are experiencing issues with your laptop, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Are you using an adapter/converter or a straight connection?

·      Have you contacted the system manufacturer?

We noticed that the BIOS is not up to date, please download the file from here: 1.59 (for further instructions, please contact the system manufacturer).

Also, please perform a clean installation of the latest version of the OEM graphics driver: Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 11 (Version 21H2 or later), 10 (Version 1709 or later) - ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th Gen.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
dmh
Beginner

Hi Jose and thank you for your message,

I have installed both of your suggested updates, but the laptop still doesn't detect the monitor. 

Attached new versions of the SSU and Graphics Command scans.

I am using a direct HDMI/HDMI cable to connect laptop and monitor.

I have also tried a direct USB-C/USB-C cable, where the charging function via the monitor works fine (so there is a connection), but no graphic signal is detected.

I know that the monitor and cables work from testing with other devices.

I have now installed the latest graphics driver from the Intel website, the latest graphics driver from the Lenovo website, as well as the latest BIOS update from the Lenovo website successfully - as well as the obvious solutions (reboot, force detect in Microsoft System Setting, other cables..)

Still no other monitor detected. 

Thank you in advance for any other suggestions!

Best

David 

0 Kudos
Durmy
Beginner

Hello DMH,

Thank yo for the detailed write-up. I believe I am facing the exact same situation that you faced a few months back, and I have also tried all of the basic troubleshooting (testing different monitors using different HDMI/USB-C ports, uninstalling re-installing the Intel UHD 620 graphics card, rolling back to older versions). Nothing is working unfortunately.

I use other monitors very frequently for work, and would appreciate any guidance on what you did to solve this

Laptop: Lenovo X1 Yoga 4th gen

Processor: i7 8th gen

Graphics card: Intel Graphics UHD 620

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello dmh

Thank you for following our recommendations.

Please allow us to research about this issue internally. We will post back as soon as we have any update.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello dmh

Thank you for patiently waiting.

After investigating this case, including the reports, we highly recommend checking with the system manufacturer since there’s nothing wrong with the driver, cables and/or monitor. Please contact Lenovo Technical Support for further investigation.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos