Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

External screen resolution

bruskieza
Beginner

Hi all.

I am hoping someone is able to assist.

Running a HP laptop with VGA output and HD 4400 Graphics. Driver version 20.19.15.5107 on Windows 10 64bit.

For some bizarre reason I am not able to increase the resolution on the external screen as I always get input not supported. The only resolution working is 1366*768 which is horrible. I have played around with every possible setting and just not coming right. Would appreciate any guidance. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello bruskieza,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

1.      SSU report:

Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1)    Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2)     By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3)    Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4)     To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

2.  With the external monitor connected, please follow the steps in the link to get the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

This information will be useful to get the necessary information about your system and determine what could be possibly causing this behavior.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Swarmlink
Novice

Good afternoon Bruskieza,

In regards to this, I have a few questions. Your laptop, assuming it's display is sitting at 1920x1080 or greater, correct? The external monitor, can you give us a model number? Also the HP model? I am available to assist if needed. 

Thanks,

Esteban_D_Intel

Hello bruskieza,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello bruskieza,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos