Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Failed GPU startup Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 GPU with vendor id 32902 and device ID 278 is not diretX 11 compliant.

WilyAo
Beginner

I just bought and installed Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition from the Microsoft Store and when I open the game I get the problem that Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 is not compatible with DirectX 11.

Why does this problem happen if I have directX 12 installed?

My laptop was windows 7 and I updated it to w10.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel HD Graphics​ 3000 is not supported on Windows 10. There are no drivers from Intel that support it. You are running on Microsoft's compatibility driver, whose software compatibility, as you have found, is ancient. Your choices are to downgrade to Windows 7 (which makes no sense with its pending discontinuation) or upgrade to newer hardware.

S​orry, but this is the reality of the situation,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel HD Graphics​ 3000 is not supported on Windows 10. There are no drivers from Intel that support it. You are running on Microsoft's compatibility driver, whose software compatibility, as you have found, is ancient. Your choices are to downgrade to Windows 7 (which makes no sense with its pending discontinuation) or upgrade to newer hardware.

S​orry, but this is the reality of the situation,

...S

TheRenegatorflex79

Odd because I am getting the same message in log lite for Eve Online though I have HD Graphics 4000 on windows 10 home with direct X 12 installed which is backwards compatible. The card only run 11 but does more than meet the minimum requirements for the game.  Even then I am running it in "Potatoe mode" as we call lowest 2D graphics setting in order to achieve the quickest response from the server. 

Found GPU classification 'low' for 32902/358 vendor/device ID 

That's the message that caught my eye since I am running it in compatibility mode now but hadn't always. In fact, I switch between 3 types of monitors often. HDMI to LCD 1920x1080with a generic driver from Intel.  The same LCD with a VGA connection instead actually runs faster at 1360x768 with the HD 4000 card and driver as does the native display at 1366x768. Have all been running fine till recently but no major changes were made. Have now reverted back to Potatoe mode bleh.

0 Kudos