Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

False alarm update available in Intel Driver & Support Assistant

AWidy
Beginner

I've just updated my graphic card Intel HD Graphic 620 driver to 26.20.100.8141 version. That version is the latest update. I've checked device manager. But why Intel Driver & Support Assistant still show that the driver need to update ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Because the tool has bugs. This is being looked into. In the meantime, if IDSA is saying you need an update that you know you installed already, just don't install it!

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AWidy, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities support.

Just to let you know, the issue with the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant has been reported to our developer team and we are currently working on a fix for this as well as a few other defects, there will be a new release for the tool planning in 2 or 3 weeks.

Please let us know if you want us to keep the thread open or if we can close it with the option for you to visit our Intel® web site in the next 2 or 3 weeks:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128824/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Intel-DSA-

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AWidy, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Otherwise we will close the case and if you have any additional questions, you can always re-open it by replying back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello AWidy, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos