Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Force display resolution without screen (by remote desktop)

AVigo
Novice

Hello

On a computer without a display, I would like to know how to change the resolution of the display that is flanged to 1024 * 768.

I have a graphics chipset Mobile Intel 4 series Express Chipset Family

GMA x4500HD

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud Vigouroux.

French :ution ()

Bonjour,

Sur un ordinateur sans écran, je voudrais savoir comment changer la résolution de l'affichage qui est bridé à 1024*768.

J'ai un chipset graphique Mobile Intel 4 series Express Chipset Family

GMA x4500HD

Merci d'avance,

Arnaud Vigouroux.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AVigo
Novice

Hello,

Here the solution of my trouble.

In the bios settings you can set the default size of the screen resolution.

You can select the bigger one there's no limitation.

Then in windows resolution settings you will be able to set the resolution you want for your computer without screen connected...

Bye !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ArnoldoV,

Let me help you with this.

It is important to say that the support is provided in English only.

Note that it is possible to change the resolution using either the Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel or the Windows resolution option but It is necessary to interact with the Operating System to do this change.

0 Kudos
AVigo
Novice

Hi Kevin,

First great thank you for your reply.

I connect to the computer with a remote desktop (teamviewer). The computer that I need to force the resolution is use like a server. It is in a cabinet with no physical acces, only remote access.

And I need to change screen resolution for a bigger one. The windows resolution settings are bridled (restrained) to 1024*768.

This limitation is not due to the screen because there is no screen connected...

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I completely understand and thanks for the information. When the system is connected to a monitor it will detect the monitor ID and will display the best resolution according to the monitor specs but when there is no monitor connected to the system it will be using minimum resolution 600x 440.

0 Kudos
AVigo
Novice

Hello Kevin,

In my case the resolution is blocked to 1024*768 no 600*440.

But it is not very logical to be forced to a minimum resolution.

All server dont have any screen conected on it. However server are not block to a minimal résolution 1024*768.

Does it possible to set up the maximal resolution into the bios setup ?

0 Kudos
AVigo
Novice

Hello,

Here the solution of my trouble.

In the bios settings you can set the default size of the screen resolution.

You can select the bigger one there's no limitation.

Then in windows resolution settings you will be able to set the resolution you want for your computer without screen connected...

Bye !

0 Kudos